GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MySQL Database Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/05/07 at 16:39
Regular
Has anyone else been experiencing problems with your SQL databases? i.e. they aren't responding?
Thu 24/05/07 at 11:02
Regular
We got it working but had to further modify the code. Thanks for the help!
Wed 23/05/07 at 14:38
Regular
Excellent, cheers. I'll pass this on and get back to you with the results.
Wed 23/05/07 at 01:18
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You need to change the code to follow the format outlined in the support pages.
Your code:
mail($recipient,$subject,$message,$headers)

should be changed to:

mail($recipient, $subject, $message, 'From: [email protected]', '-f [email protected]');

where [email protected] is a Freeola hosted email address.

So that whole section of code could be changed to:

$message = "You received this e-mail message through your website: \n\n";
foreach($c as $key => $val){
$message .= ucwords($key).": $val\n";
}
$message .= "IP: "'.$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'].'" \n";
$message .= "Browser: "'.$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];

$headers = "From: [email protected]" . "\r\n" .
"Reply-To: "'.$c['email'].'" . "\r\n";

$recipient = "[email protected]";
if(mail($recipient,$subject,$message,$headers,'-f [email protected]')){
echo "Your mail was successfully sent.";
}

I have stripped out the check for a Windows server as all Freeola servers are Unix based.
Give that a try!
Tue 22/05/07 at 20:43
Regular
This is the part of code I was told by my programmer to show you:

"Automatic Form Email"; $message = "You received this e-mail message through your website: \n\n"; foreach ($c as $key => $val) { $message .= ucwords($key) . ": $val \n"; } $message .= "IP: {$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']} \n"; $message .= "Browser: {$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']}"; if (strstr($_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'], "Win")) { $headers = "From: [email protected] \n"; $headers .= "Reply-To: {$c['email']}"; } else { $headers = "From: Slick Studio \n"; $headers .= "Reply-To: {$c['email']}"; } $recipient = "[email protected]"; if (mail($recipient,$subject,$message,$headers)) { echo "
Your mail was successfully sent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mon 21/05/07 at 16:25
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Would you like to post the relevant snippet of your code to see if one of our Systems guys can identify the problem?
Mon 21/05/07 at 15:33
Regular
I'm trying to set up a very straight forward form that works on any other server but Freeola blocks. Just a simple enquiry form where the user gives a few details and submits, but Freeola seem to block the emailed details from getting to my inbox in case the email is spam or something. This is using a Freeola email address too. Very frustrating considering I paid more for the privilege.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Tue 15/05/07 at 10:50
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Are you still experiencing any problems? We beleive a couple of users were using queries that were putting unreasonable load on the server and the service should have been restored to normal levels yesterday.

Please let me know if you experience any further problems.
Sun 13/05/07 at 22:28
Regular
2 days now and still down.

This is pathetic.
Sun 13/05/07 at 01:44
Regular
Yes it does say they're aware of it.

I'm not happy, I pay for my Freeola (which, ironically, works out about 3 times more expensive than other hosts)

I'm disgusted with the service so far (it's not just this, I've had loads of thnigs go wrong and I've also got charged TWICE this month for this poor service)

If this MySQL problem isn't sorted then I'm demanding my money back.
Sat 12/05/07 at 21:49
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
I've been having problems with slow scripts causing errors/timouts since about 1am this morning. Freeola does have a small notice about their MySQL server running slowly. I hope they get it sorted soon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.