GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fills the hole"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/11/01 at 01:29
Regular
So i think i've found an answer to the wait for the cube.

Not sure if i should mention the place on this site, but on a certain auction web site, i recently picked up a NES, 10 games and light gun for a *tiny* 30 pounds.
With pleanty of cheap games available from the same place, i'm looking forward to finding out if my retro memories are really accurate. Duck hunt, mario, original zelda! The possibilities!
And they'll make the gamecube look even better in comparison when it finally arrives : S

Original zelda baby!!!
Sat 17/11/01 at 01:29
Regular
So i think i've found an answer to the wait for the cube.

Not sure if i should mention the place on this site, but on a certain auction web site, i recently picked up a NES, 10 games and light gun for a *tiny* 30 pounds.
With pleanty of cheap games available from the same place, i'm looking forward to finding out if my retro memories are really accurate. Duck hunt, mario, original zelda! The possibilities!
And they'll make the gamecube look even better in comparison when it finally arrives : S

Original zelda baby!!!
Sat 17/11/01 at 01:36
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
lol! its near impossible to find NES games now!!

I mean...How are u going to find NES games...
Sat 17/11/01 at 01:45
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
go to:

www.ebay.co.uk

for loads of people selling stuff including retro consoles, Snes, NES, Megadrive, Game Gear, and others! Or you can download emulators.

PS anyone with a Snes or a Snes emulator get Earthbound. It's an incredible RPG that teaches Final Fantasy a thing or two about ... well RPGs actually!
Oh, but its not mature enough is it? Its colourful and unrealistic looking! Oh, but the battle scenes' backgrounds look like the designer had a bad LSD trip or something!!!
Sat 17/11/01 at 02:13
Regular
Secret of mana was on there (is it grix who loves this one to death?), for about 30 pounds already. NES, and US import, so it won't even play on most machines. And the 'buy it now' price was 50 quid!!! I almost fell off my chair!
I've never played the thing, but i'm going to take a vast number of bidders' words for it that it'll be worth buying for anything under HUGE amounts of money if i get to buy a pal version! It still had ages to go before the deadline aswell. I'm still in shock!
Sat 17/11/01 at 10:35
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I know a SHOP where you can get quite a lot of NES games!

But they tend to cost up to £15 each!

I'm not gonna pay that price when I can get N64 games for 3-4 squid!

:)
Sat 17/11/01 at 10:44
Regular
"Australian Person."
Squid?
Sat 17/11/01 at 13:19
Regular
I got a NES and 8 games from e bay
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:08
Regular
I think i'm addicted to ebay!

I was bidding for a game, placed a highest bid with about 6 minutes to go. Checked back every couple of minutes to refresh. With 1 min, 6 secs to go I was outbid. Figuring it'd be last bid wins, i held my nerve, waited, placed my bid. Highest with 5 seconds to go!
I love it! Problem is the bidding completely overshadowed what i was buying!
Just the winning the bid, man. This could become an expensive passtime!
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:12
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Sacret of Mana!!

I suggest you all get this game, although finding it may be difficult and like you found out very expensive. Shame really, it's a damn good RPG.
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:17
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah, I played it and quite enjoyed it, but feel that I would like it more now cos sonce then I have become RPG obsessed!

(But I still think Earthbound for Snes is better!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.