GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Discuss"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/04/03 at 18:22
Regular
"A recent article by Yahoo quoted some NPD figures and in the article this was stated:

The last two "Grand Theft Auto" games have provided an immersive story with multiple coinciding missions. The next one is due out in 2004. A month later, "Grand Theft Auto 3" and "Vice City" finish exclusive run on Sony's PlayStation 2 and will be available for Microsoft's Xbox and Nintendo's GameCube. "And they will sell, like, a jillion copies," Pachter said."

and

"This is a quote from Nintendo's E3 mini-page, which can be found here.

"With mega-hits like Metroid Prime and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker already exclusively available for Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo is riding a wave of momentum as the show approaches. Industry leaders such as Electronic Arts, Sega, Capcom, Activision, Rock Star Games and many more will be showcasing their upcoming Nintendo GameCube games at the 2003 E3 Expo..""
Sat 26/04/03 at 18:22
Regular
"A recent article by Yahoo quoted some NPD figures and in the article this was stated:

The last two "Grand Theft Auto" games have provided an immersive story with multiple coinciding missions. The next one is due out in 2004. A month later, "Grand Theft Auto 3" and "Vice City" finish exclusive run on Sony's PlayStation 2 and will be available for Microsoft's Xbox and Nintendo's GameCube. "And they will sell, like, a jillion copies," Pachter said."

and

"This is a quote from Nintendo's E3 mini-page, which can be found here.

"With mega-hits like Metroid Prime and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker already exclusively available for Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo is riding a wave of momentum as the show approaches. Industry leaders such as Electronic Arts, Sega, Capcom, Activision, Rock Star Games and many more will be showcasing their upcoming Nintendo GameCube games at the 2003 E3 Expo..""
Sat 26/04/03 at 18:24
Regular
If this is true and Gamecube gets GTA it will rule!!!
Sat 26/04/03 at 18:24
Regular
Nah.

Maybe next year.
Sat 26/04/03 at 18:25
Regular
Oh, and:

"Samus Aran will be at E3 in the form of the Metroid Prime sequel.
While Europe may have only gotten their hands on Metroid Prime last month the sequel is set to be showcased at E3 next month. The title will not be playable but there will be a teaser video on display.

Retro Studios have apparently been creating this game for months and originally Nintendo wanted to launch it this year but it has been delayed until 2004. Nintendo have not commented on this matter at present."

Nintendo own E3 this year.
Sat 26/04/03 at 18:27
Regular
They also owned last year.
Sat 26/04/03 at 19:27
Regular
And if you've seen the Sony documents signing them up to GTA exclusivity for the next 5 years..
Sat 26/04/03 at 19:31
Regular
Well that statement says the contract is up soon, and Rockstar can treble their profits from the GTA games by releasing them cross all formats; they'd make much more from that than they would a contract with Sony.

Unless they're just talking about releasing GTA3 with Vice City in 2004.
Sat 26/04/03 at 19:31
Regular
when was the deal signed?
Sat 26/04/03 at 22:17
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Nintendo will own E3 whether GTA is present or not.
Sun 27/04/03 at 17:10
Regular
Bah. Expecting my PS2 to arrive some time in the next week.

Why? Light gun games, which everyone seems to think suck, dance mat games, and GTA-age.

Soo, I'll have a PS2 just for the dance mat games. Lucky me...

Bah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.