GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube games - what will they be like?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 22:07
Regular
With the Nintendo 64 gone (it still is alive in our hearts) its all up to the gamecube and game boy advance to beat the playstation and the X-box. But to beat these it needs more than amazing power, gameplay and graphics ect. It also needs good games but what will they be like? So far they look brilliant like games like Lugis haunted mansion, Tony hawks 3, (hopefully) perfect dark two, pikimin, Donkey Kong Racing and many more.

The games should be brilliant especially with the GBA linking up like a controller! With games like kirby tilt n' tumble and other great games. If you don't know what happens in Kirby tilt n' tumble you play on the gamecube but if you fall you play on the game boy advance and try to work your way back up to the gamecube!!

well I have to go now bye everyone!
Wed 21/11/01 at 16:28
Regular
ExG3 is an enhanced port from the PS2.

They found the Gamecube's power easier to harness and managed use the superior hardware more effectively.

And Mr Grim, you can sleep safe that none of the GC games are GBA "reliant" but many will connect with the GBA for better options.
Wed 21/11/01 at 08:59
I hope they don't start making too many GBA reliant Cube games, coz I don't want a rip off GBA!!!
Wed 21/11/01 at 00:19
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
XG3 looks like a direct port from the PS2 - it was originally an excluisive to PS2 as well. Anyway...I am completely stunned by Luigi's mansion - may face dropped when I witnessed the graphics on it - the graphics and simply incredible. It's like playing with the intro grahics of most PSone games, even better.

Then there is Star Wars: Rogue Squadren II - this time you can even move forward in the gameplay, making you feel as if you are there in space freny action. The graphics, once again are terrific, and most of all, it's an official Star Wars story; no made up names like other SW games.
Tue 20/11/01 at 16:11
Regular
Rogue Leader footage will be on a video free with a new magazine called CUBE, released on Thursday.

It'll have plenty of other clips too.

Good quality Spaceworld footage too, rather than shoddy unfinished E3 clips from the NGC video...
Mon 19/11/01 at 19:02
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I have just seen the sreen shots for rogue leader.........
Woah
I haven't looked at the quicktime video yet because the mac in the computer room I'm using plays the sound loudly and I have no way to turn it down though.

Looking forward to starfox adventures and etermal darkness as well.
Sat 17/11/01 at 11:17
They will rule! No matter what they look like they will be brilliant just like the N64 games or as some people still say the ultra64.
Fri 16/11/01 at 22:07
With the Nintendo 64 gone (it still is alive in our hearts) its all up to the gamecube and game boy advance to beat the playstation and the X-box. But to beat these it needs more than amazing power, gameplay and graphics ect. It also needs good games but what will they be like? So far they look brilliant like games like Lugis haunted mansion, Tony hawks 3, (hopefully) perfect dark two, pikimin, Donkey Kong Racing and many more.

The games should be brilliant especially with the GBA linking up like a controller! With games like kirby tilt n' tumble and other great games. If you don't know what happens in Kirby tilt n' tumble you play on the gamecube but if you fall you play on the game boy advance and try to work your way back up to the gamecube!!

well I have to go now bye everyone!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.