GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have Sony Done It?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 18:36
Regular
When the PS2 was released almost a year ago, there were sceptics, no doubt. Many of them. Yet, from the people I know, much of this seems to have gone. The X-Box and GameCube are still not here, and will cost at least as much as the PS2 does now when they are.

With games like Smackdown 3, and the forthcoming Final Fantasy 10, it seems to be winning fans. Among people I know, 60% of the people who said, "PS2 is rubbish, I'm getting a GameCube" have now changed that to, "The Gamecube will be good, but I'm getting a PS2 as well!".

Personally, if I were to get any console, it would have to be the PS2.
There are loads of games already, from PC games like AoE2, to Final Fantasy, and loads of others that nobody has ever heard of before.

This is something that I have always liked about the PSOne compared to the N64. There are plenty of very high-profile releases, but at the same time, I can buy "Bass Fishing 3" for the playstation. Now, I have no particular desire to do so (can it be a worse subject than MS Train Simulator?), but someone who is a fan of just about any genre can find something. Every game ever released has some fans, and despite that complaints that there are loads of bad games around, surely that is better than no games at all. Someone will like them.

The N64, and probably the GameCube, are almost always very good in the games that they offer. If I want to play Zelda, WWF or Super Smash Brothers, then I can get a N64. But, to be frank, I don't want to. These games do nothing for me, while at least 15 games on the PSOne that Mr F. Bloggs has probably never heard of, have given me hours of gameplay.

So I'm getting a PS2 as soon as I can save up enough money to buy one-2005 here we come ;-) - and I bet I'm not the only one. If the price comes down any more, I'll be there!
Fri 16/11/01 at 18:36
Regular
When the PS2 was released almost a year ago, there were sceptics, no doubt. Many of them. Yet, from the people I know, much of this seems to have gone. The X-Box and GameCube are still not here, and will cost at least as much as the PS2 does now when they are.

With games like Smackdown 3, and the forthcoming Final Fantasy 10, it seems to be winning fans. Among people I know, 60% of the people who said, "PS2 is rubbish, I'm getting a GameCube" have now changed that to, "The Gamecube will be good, but I'm getting a PS2 as well!".

Personally, if I were to get any console, it would have to be the PS2.
There are loads of games already, from PC games like AoE2, to Final Fantasy, and loads of others that nobody has ever heard of before.

This is something that I have always liked about the PSOne compared to the N64. There are plenty of very high-profile releases, but at the same time, I can buy "Bass Fishing 3" for the playstation. Now, I have no particular desire to do so (can it be a worse subject than MS Train Simulator?), but someone who is a fan of just about any genre can find something. Every game ever released has some fans, and despite that complaints that there are loads of bad games around, surely that is better than no games at all. Someone will like them.

The N64, and probably the GameCube, are almost always very good in the games that they offer. If I want to play Zelda, WWF or Super Smash Brothers, then I can get a N64. But, to be frank, I don't want to. These games do nothing for me, while at least 15 games on the PSOne that Mr F. Bloggs has probably never heard of, have given me hours of gameplay.

So I'm getting a PS2 as soon as I can save up enough money to buy one-2005 here we come ;-) - and I bet I'm not the only one. If the price comes down any more, I'll be there!
Sat 17/11/01 at 19:58
Regular
Somebody say something..... please.......?

(Else say nothing, and I'll return to my hole......)

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig
Sat 17/11/01 at 20:36
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
im the proud owner of a ps2 and i love it, i was one of those who slated the ps2 to start with, my mate got one, i took the p!ss out of him, he bought grand turismo 3 and had a smile on his face for weeks. i played gt3 and was like, omg this is amazing, i went a got one 2 days later.

as for other consols, dc is good cause u can pick up games for £3 at my local GAME store, gamecube im not going to bother with it and that leaves the x-box to wich i say YES PLEASE CAN I HAVE ONE NOW! :)
Sun 18/11/01 at 12:14
Regular
Hiya PinkPig! I haven`t seen you around for ages! Now that I think about it, I haven`t seen Flying Pig for ages either!

Anyway, good topic, and I think most people here will agree. Its coming into its own now, and it deserves it (the PS2 I mean).
Sun 18/11/01 at 12:20
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yup, the PS2 is finnaly showing what it can really do with all the quality titles starting to be released. This is the time when the PS2 proves all its critics wrong, mainly nintys :D.
Sun 18/11/01 at 12:22
Regular
"  "
loads of people i know changed their minds to getting a ps2....and so they should ;)
Tue 20/11/01 at 15:57
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
PS" RULES!!!!!!
Tue 20/11/01 at 17:48
i think X-SUX will be a better console but people will always be buying more sony.
"IT's ONLY SONY!!!" (say it in sn advert5 voice and add a "ting" at the end.
Tue 20/11/01 at 18:01
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Even though the PS2 is £200 now..I doubt the XBOX will be the same. I mean...a hard drive, a modem, and soon the ability to play DVD movies. It will cost rougly £280 or £300 pounds.

As for Gamecube...well Nintendo are very clever here. They are thinking of making a price tag of £200 straight out. I reackon this is due to the sale that occured with Sony's machine. In other words, Nintendo are never going to lower the price. Well, at least not for a couple of years or so.
Tue 20/11/01 at 18:14
Regular
"accidental superher"
even though the x box will cost 300 quid....
us ps2 gamers...also have to shell out for the hard drive and broadband....of course it is optional though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.