GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola message: "email forwarding" confirmations."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/05/07 at 09:04
Regular
This morning I received many emails from Freeola asking me to confirm email forwarding that I have in place. I've got a lot of Freeola domains so have quite a number of email accounts.

The note states that you can either follow the link or login to MyFreeola to confirm the forwarding for your free accounts - I've logged in and can't find an option or see a prompt to action this. Can you advise me please?

In the end I've followed the links within the emails - but I've only had to confirm about 30 accounts and I have many more than that.

The email states that "This e-mail address, and the associated web address, will be deleted..." if no action is taken!

Have you got this message mixed up with your totally 'free' addresses?

All my Freeola domains have been registered with you but I know you also call these 'free' accounts - but they are not as free as the ones you don't have to pay for(!) if that makes sense.

Bottom line is that I can't afford any automation to delete my Freeola registered domains and email accounts - perhaps Freeola could clarify the situation?

Regards,
Gary.

NB. I've started this post rather than raise a support ticket as no doubt others will have similar queries.
Fri 11/05/07 at 17:52
Regular
After confirming all the addresses; trying the link again presents me with the same list of addresses?!

Am I missing something?
Fri 11/05/07 at 17:36
Regular
If you login to MyFreeola and then go to:

https://secure.freeola.co.uk/myfreeola-control-panel/e-mail_forwarding.php

It will list all e-mail forwards that require confirming, if the page does not list any addresses then your forwards will not be removed.
Fri 11/05/07 at 14:33
Regular
Incase an email has gone missing, how can I check that all my email forwarding has been confirmed? I see that if I re-use the link from the email it still presents me with a list of emails to action rather than saying 'nothing outstanding'.

Thanks.
Fri 11/05/07 at 14:25
Regular
Sorry for the confusion with the e-mail, we'll have to look at the wording for next time. It is a legitimate e-mail that we have put in place as we seem to have a lot of accounts forwarding which we do not think are in use any more. As such from now on you will receive an e-mail to every address you forward to (so if you have 30 accounts but they all forward to just one address you will only receive one e-mail) every 12 months just to check that it's still active.

There was a small problem this morning with the link on the front of MyFreeola missing for some accounts which has been resolved and the direct link from the e-mail has always worked and is the easiest way to complete the process.

I hope that answers all your questions.
Fri 11/05/07 at 11:28
Regular
Don't worry - I'm happy it's not a scam, just a badly worded email :(

The email mentions accounts that have forwarding in place for over 12 months - perhaps this is why you haven't received any emails? Or they are still on the way.

I've had 4 confused clients get in touch so far this morning!
Fri 11/05/07 at 11:19
Regular
I have forwarding on some of our domains emails and have not had any emails? today from freeola, perhaps its a scam? you might be safer to call support for an official verdict.

Kev
Fri 11/05/07 at 10:40
Regular
Just logged back in to MyFreeola and received a prompt to action email forwarding confirmations.

This read differently to the emails that you are sending out.

If you didn't confirm 'forwarding' it said forwarding would be removed - rather than "e-mail address, and the associated web address will be deleted".

As you can imagine, if websites are being maintained on behalf of others (and email forwarding is being used) then this is causing quite a lot of confusion and concern!
Fri 11/05/07 at 09:04
Regular
This morning I received many emails from Freeola asking me to confirm email forwarding that I have in place. I've got a lot of Freeola domains so have quite a number of email accounts.

The note states that you can either follow the link or login to MyFreeola to confirm the forwarding for your free accounts - I've logged in and can't find an option or see a prompt to action this. Can you advise me please?

In the end I've followed the links within the emails - but I've only had to confirm about 30 accounts and I have many more than that.

The email states that "This e-mail address, and the associated web address, will be deleted..." if no action is taken!

Have you got this message mixed up with your totally 'free' addresses?

All my Freeola domains have been registered with you but I know you also call these 'free' accounts - but they are not as free as the ones you don't have to pay for(!) if that makes sense.

Bottom line is that I can't afford any automation to delete my Freeola registered domains and email accounts - perhaps Freeola could clarify the situation?

Regards,
Gary.

NB. I've started this post rather than raise a support ticket as no doubt others will have similar queries.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.