GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Your name in MGS2""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 15:25
Regular
Remember some months ago, Konami had a section on their website where you could enter your details, and if you were lucky, get your name in MGS2 as a nametag on one of the terrorist soldiers...?

Has anyone heard anything about it since? Were those chosen ones notified? Did anyone here get in, or know of anyone who did?
Fri 16/11/01 at 15:25
"High polygon count"
Remember some months ago, Konami had a section on their website where you could enter your details, and if you were lucky, get your name in MGS2 as a nametag on one of the terrorist soldiers...?

Has anyone heard anything about it since? Were those chosen ones notified? Did anyone here get in, or know of anyone who did?
Fri 16/11/01 at 15:28
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Aha! You've reminded me of something. Did anyone enter that Metal Gear Solid 2 competition run by OPS2? I'll go and start another topic so as not to hij... oh.
Fri 16/11/01 at 15:30
"High polygon count"
If I didn't know you better, Ali, I'd swear you were taking the pee... :-)
Fri 16/11/01 at 15:32
"High polygon count"
Who is this 'Tonty' you speak of? He sounds like a good sidekick...

Zoned Deranger and Tonty... has a certain ring to it, does it not?
Fri 16/11/01 at 15:45
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Was it worth changing your name just for that joke?
Fri 16/11/01 at 15:46
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
The winners are on the Konami website. Make a search on Yahoo to find out.
Fri 16/11/01 at 15:48
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
That comp for the name in MGS2 was completing the demo in the shortest time. The results should be on the MGS2 website as the game is about now, and the PSM2 one was the same thing, but their own to win a boxset of MGS1 signed by Hideo, though that I guess is still running until the UK release.
Fri 16/11/01 at 16:02
"High polygon count"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Was it worth changing your name just for that joke?

When you're as bored as I am, it certainly is.
Fri 16/11/01 at 16:04
"High polygon count"
Slaveunit wrote:
> That comp for the name in MGS2 was completing the demo in the shortest time.

Nope, different compo. I'm not referring to the one based on your completion time; all you had to do for this one was enter your name, age, and blood type.
Fri 16/11/01 at 16:46
Regular
"look in the mirror"
The date for entry was the 20th of June so it's a bit late to enter now. All winners - so it says on Konami's site - will be notified by e-mail.
Total bummer if you changed it after signing up.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.