GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Phantasy Star Online..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Phantasy Star Online'.
Mon 28/04/03 at 19:22
Regular
I haven't been on the forum for a fortnight, now and unfortunately it's not 'cos I've been spending all my time playing Phantasy Star Online... I don't actually own the game, yet; in actuality, it's all down to being busy (or at least looking busy) but that's boring.

Anyway, my question for you lot is: Where can I find information on playing PSO? I've been onto gamefaqs.com but much of the lexis is subject specific. I've been told of a good webpage that introduces the player into the game in a diary-style format, telling what they can do and explaining the environment around them. I'm gonna buy PSO in the next month, but before I enter that sacred realm, I'd like a bit of insider knowledge. Probably the only time you'll find me doing my homework:D

Well, I'm off to play my Japanese copy of R-Type on the Game Boy. Got it cheap on eBay but like many Japanese games, your name is always taken off the scoreboard after switching the system off:( Tough game, too' certain parts can only be passed by having certain power-ups. I prefer the SNES version but what do you expect for a fiver:)
Wed 30/04/03 at 17:59
Regular
I'll be online again at some point, I'm a little side tracked at the moment with Zelda just arriving and a load of other games getting released in the next few weeks.

Probably have to get another Hunters License as well.
Wed 30/04/03 at 16:49
Regular
"DS..."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> If you're planning on playing online, be warned there's a bug that
> causes your save data to corrupt every now and then. If you're unlucky
> enough to have it happen to you, it's very annoying.
>
> I lost my level 84 character the other week, 150 hrs game time down
> the crapper, haven't yet had the urge to go back online since then.

dam, not you as well, that would explain why i havent seen you on there recently, another mate (monkey) I know on PSO who I believe that you met a couple of times just lost his level 105 chracter with over 250 hours! but he had been using an unofficial memory card, were you using an unofficial one Tilta? if so then thats why but i'm guessing that it was an official one (i could be wrong) but if you are going to get another memory crad then try and pick up an Official Nintendo 251 memory card cheaply as thats what I did and my level 92 char is still fine and rising in levels gradually *touches wood*

However m8, if you do find the will to come back online and start leveling up again then i'd be glad to help you level up as I know how annoying it is to lose a character as I lost several over level 100 in the DC version anyways if you do just come online and i should still be able to find you using your guild card that you gave me as I searched for monkey last night and he still came up even though he'd created a new char, or just post a message or whatever, i'll definatley be on tonight though as Sonic Team have just uploaded a brand new 2 part quest which is supposed to be the most expansive and difficult to date and i'm waiting to actually play it as theyve promised to upload it for ages and now they finally have, anyways i'm rambling on far too much now so I hope to see you online eventually, when you decide to come back online is up to you, in the meantime see you around.

slik ~_~
Mon 28/04/03 at 21:32
Regular
If you're planning on playing online, be warned there's a bug that causes your save data to corrupt every now and then. If you're unlucky enough to have it happen to you, it's very annoying.

I lost my level 84 character the other week, 150 hrs game time down the crapper, haven't yet had the urge to go back online since then.
Mon 28/04/03 at 20:02
Regular
I wrote a GAD winning review of it, so hopefully that will help:

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/ (SPACE) reviews/customer.php?code=GC1564#Rickoss
Mon 28/04/03 at 19:56
Regular
If it moves more towards Baldur's Gate and further away from Gauntlet Legends I'll give it a try.

I doubt it, however.
Mon 28/04/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Anyone know if http://www.psohg.ionichost.com/main.htm is reputable?
Mon 28/04/03 at 19:31
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Dringo wrote:
> I'll get into PSO when PSO 3 is released.

Yow, I'm really behind. PSO3? What's the info, then? GC release? Graphical/Gameplay updates? Export characters from PSOv1&2?
Mon 28/04/03 at 19:23
Regular
I'll get into PSO when PSO 3 is released.
Mon 28/04/03 at 19:22
Regular
"Omnipresent"
I haven't been on the forum for a fortnight, now and unfortunately it's not 'cos I've been spending all my time playing Phantasy Star Online... I don't actually own the game, yet; in actuality, it's all down to being busy (or at least looking busy) but that's boring.

Anyway, my question for you lot is: Where can I find information on playing PSO? I've been onto gamefaqs.com but much of the lexis is subject specific. I've been told of a good webpage that introduces the player into the game in a diary-style format, telling what they can do and explaining the environment around them. I'm gonna buy PSO in the next month, but before I enter that sacred realm, I'd like a bit of insider knowledge. Probably the only time you'll find me doing my homework:D

Well, I'm off to play my Japanese copy of R-Type on the Game Boy. Got it cheap on eBay but like many Japanese games, your name is always taken off the scoreboard after switching the system off:( Tough game, too' certain parts can only be passed by having certain power-ups. I prefer the SNES version but what do you expect for a fiver:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.