GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New iPod"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/04/03 at 23:18
Regular
(Couldn't think of where to dump this topic... here seems as good a place as any)

Now slimmer (and only 158g), bigger storage, and cheaper. Amazing, going to have to replace my old 5 giger with a tasty, teeny 15 GB monster.

Seriously, not a single portable music device can now come anywhere near the amazing iPod. I've always been a huge fan of them (as is anyone who has ever used one/has any sense), but now... whole new ball game. Gimme gimme gimme.

www.apple.com/ipod
Mon 28/04/03 at 23:18
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
(Couldn't think of where to dump this topic... here seems as good a place as any)

Now slimmer (and only 158g), bigger storage, and cheaper. Amazing, going to have to replace my old 5 giger with a tasty, teeny 15 GB monster.

Seriously, not a single portable music device can now come anywhere near the amazing iPod. I've always been a huge fan of them (as is anyone who has ever used one/has any sense), but now... whole new ball game. Gimme gimme gimme.

www.apple.com/ipod
Mon 28/04/03 at 23:19
"slightlyshortertagl"
Does anyone have a spare £3000 that I can borrow?
Mon 28/04/03 at 23:53
"Uzi Lover"
Holy crap, wish I never bought that 5gb model now a few months back and jsut got me one of these *crys*
Mon 28/04/03 at 23:57
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> Does anyone have a spare £3000 that I can borrow?

Only £300 for the 15 GB model I'm going for. Ten of them now, that would be ALMOST as big as one of those Creative Labs monsters.
Tue 29/04/03 at 00:34
Regular
"Selected"
Do you reeeally need THAT much music? How long can you be walking/travelling somewhere to be able to listen to 15GB's of music??
Tue 29/04/03 at 02:37
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
The issue is choice - at the moment my 5GB one is full. I can take the dog out for a walk and start with it on random. Usually something in particular will catch my ear and I already have, say, three or four Stone's albums on their waiting for me if that's what suddenly grabs me. My sister was in hospital last week and she had days of music in one little box - no CDs to get damaged/lost/take up space, ditto mini-disks or whatever else.
Tue 29/04/03 at 11:40
Regular
Nice, ultra big capacity, Mac and Windows (usb). But what about that price tag! TOOOOOO MUCH .
Tue 29/04/03 at 11:51
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
£300 for a 15GB iPod is a steal! Come on - it's like getting the Bentley of the portable MP3 player wold at Peugeot 406 prices.
Tue 29/04/03 at 11:56
Regular
You could buy a low cost digital surround sound (5.1) system with built in DVD/CD/FM radio for the same price. £300 is a lot for a portable music system.
Tue 29/04/03 at 11:58
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
You're comparing apples with oranges (says the guy who used cars in is analogy). Plus, it's top of the range portable music players versus cruddy, low spec 5.1 system.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.