GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New iPod"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/04/03 at 23:18
Regular
(Couldn't think of where to dump this topic... here seems as good a place as any)

Now slimmer (and only 158g), bigger storage, and cheaper. Amazing, going to have to replace my old 5 giger with a tasty, teeny 15 GB monster.

Seriously, not a single portable music device can now come anywhere near the amazing iPod. I've always been a huge fan of them (as is anyone who has ever used one/has any sense), but now... whole new ball game. Gimme gimme gimme.

www.apple.com/ipod
Sun 04/05/03 at 22:34
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> And Microchips, I've never used Musicmatch with my iPod. However, my
> new Pod has shipped and it comes bundeled in with it, so I'll give you
> a report soon :)

Ah, thanks. It's just I'm a bit apprehensive about installing it, due to Windows 98SE an' all.
Sun 04/05/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
There's a "2" in there that should be an "s", god knows how I managed that!
Sun 04/05/03 at 15:28
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> Gonzo, what's your DJ set-up?

Pair of Newmark TT-16502 and a Newmark mixer, not sure what sort and it's all the way over in my bedroom... it's not a great one. Then this is all linked up to an old PA system my brother gave me which I really know nothing about. Pretty cool though, used to have it hooked up to my hi-fi and that went loud. PA system goes L-O-U-D.

And Microchips, I've never used Musicmatch with my iPod. However, my new Pod has shipped and it comes bundeled in with it, so I'll give you a report soon :)
Wed 30/04/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hmmm... it seems as if Musicmatch is the right way to go for me. Ephpod doesn't 'rip' CD's,m which is no good at all.

It's either Ephpod + Ripping software

or Musicmatch

What would be the best idea, and is Musicmatch really that bad?
Tue 29/04/03 at 21:30
"slightlyshortertagl"
Gonzo, what's your DJ set-up?

Me has 2 Stanton STR8-60s and an SMX211 hooked up to a pair of babies (Newmark M1s)

:-D
Tue 29/04/03 at 21:01
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Oh right.

Is Ephpod easy to use? I don't want to pay for Xplay (already need to buy a Firewire port- or a USB 2.0 card) and Ephpod seems like the easiest choice.

Then again, I could just use MusicMatch- as it does work with Windows 98.
Tue 29/04/03 at 20:59
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Didn't like Ephpod too much to be honest and was given an XPlay seriel for nowt as I'd helped in Beta testing. Didn't know I'd helped in beta testing like, but they e-mailed me a seriel and a link to download the full product just before the retail launch so I wasn't going to argue.
Tue 29/04/03 at 20:54
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, I have windows 98SE. There was a firewire patch you can download from microsoft.com/downlaods, which I'll have to get.

Also, don't you have to pay for Xplay? EphPod is free!
Tue 29/04/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Microchips wrote:
> Oh, and Dr. Gonzo, do you have a Mac or PC version? If you have the
> PC version, do you use Musicmatch or Ephpod (www.ephpod.com) as your
> ripping software?

I use XPlay with a standard Mac version. Works pretty well - used it on Win 98SE for a while which only has partial Firewire support so was annoyed with slow speeds. Got a new laptop with XP on it and now things zoom around nicely :)
Tue 29/04/03 at 18:47
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, if you buy an American 15Gb one for $400, you're paying less than a English 10Gb.

I love the pound.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.