GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When does Galaxies come out???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars Galaxies'.
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:16
Regular
Does anyone know when Star Wars: Galaxies is coming out on PC? I've looked everywhere and keep getting different results. There's no release date on this web site, other places say TBA or May or April or December this year! The official site doesn't even have any indication of a release date (let alone saying TBA). Can anyone help me?
Wed 30/04/03 at 18:46
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I can see these MMOxs fizzling out soon, as so many are coming out, people are not going to be spending enough on each one to support them. It worked well with only Ultima and Everquest, but with new ones coming out like Star Wars, Warhammer and Planetside, I can't see them lasting too much longer - it won't be enough to cover the massive server/bandwidth and maintanance costs. Not to mention the Eve online advert that I'm currently honoured with having it's presence at the top of this page (I assume that's a pay thing). My opinion anyway.
Wed 30/04/03 at 10:01
"For the horde!!!!"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Galaxies? You mean that MMORPG that's been in development for about 4
> years and has beens scheduled for release about 10 times?

It's made by the the same people who run Everquest but with so many projects coming out I don't know how they cope

Everquest 2 is in development at the moment so they proberly scaled down their programing teams from other developments for that.

Don't quote me on this i'm just speculating.
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:43
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Thanks everyone. Exept for John.J who wasn't very helpful!
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:36
Regular
David, I think it's probably going to come out in autumn.
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:33
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Basically, it'll be out when its finished. :)
In the US, some retailers are saying middle of June, I think thats optimism rather than any real knowledge though. Its been put back so many times now, I doubt you'll get much more than a few weeks notice of it being available. But given that its in Beta testing and has been for a while, I think within the next 6 months is a fair bet.
I have no clue how much longer Europe will have to wait though after its released in the US.
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:26
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Galaxies? You mean that MMORPG that's been in development for about 4 years and has beens scheduled for release about 10 times?

About the same time as Duke Nukem Forever.
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:19
Regular
Don't know David.
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:19
Looks to be out now.

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/info.php?code=JL1170
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:16
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Does anyone know when Star Wars: Galaxies is coming out on PC? I've looked everywhere and keep getting different results. There's no release date on this web site, other places say TBA or May or April or December this year! The official site doesn't even have any indication of a release date (let alone saying TBA). Can anyone help me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.