GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Football Match"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 00:23
Regular
Hello there everybody. You are watching Special Reserve Sports Entertainment. Today's match is between 'The PS2 Pioneers' and 'The Gamecube Gunners'. This will certainly be a close match. Down to the commentators, Tony and Mr.Snuggly.

Hi there everybody, Tony here. We are certainly going to get a very interesting match here today. Let's have a look at the Team lineups.

Thankyou Tony. Your right about it being a close match. The PS2 Pioneers seem to be playing a 4-4-2 formation. In goal, they have they have Xiao from Dark Cloud, presumably for her great jumping abilities. The back four consists of that bandicoot Crash, Jak, Parappa that 2D rapper and it seems that Jann Lee has left the Dead or Alive tournament to give the Pioneera a hand. Seems like quite a solid defence. What about the midfield? Well, on the left, there is Toan, who should do well out there on the left, on the right you have Klonoa, who will hopefully be able to use that agility and speed to his advantage. In the middle, you have Tidus, who seems to have left the Blitzball league temporarily to participate in this match, Raziel, who is a skilled midfielder and can really fly past those defenders. Up in front, the Pioneers have Solid Snake (Captain), who should have no problem picking of those defenders. And alongside him is none other the James Bond himself. Two of the sneakiest strikers in the game, this could get very interesting.
On the opposing side, the Gamecube Gunners, they are playing a sweeper formation, with Wario in goal, which is a good choice because he really knows how to make himself big. In the sweeper position you have Pikachu, whose lightning tackles have strikers fearing for the lives. In front of Pikachu, you have Luigi, the captains brother, Diddy Kong, and Tails. Seems like another solid defense here, but what of the midfield? Well, on the left you have Fox McCloud and on the right you have the father of Diddy, Donkey Kong. In the middle, you have Zelda and Peach. That seems like a tough midfield. The two strikers are quite deadly in the box, with the captain Mario on the left, and the super spinning Sonic on the right. This is going to be one tough match. Back to you Tony.

And the Ref, Goku father of Goten, has blown the whistle. The Gunners kick off. Back to Zelda, who has time to look around. He sees Fox running down the left. Zelda makes a cracking pass, and Fox controls it well. Mario and Sonic are both in the box. Fox lofts it in the box. Mario makes a super jump in the air, and...., just over the crossbar. What a shame. That was some great football from the Gunners.
Xiao makes a short pass to Crash, who spins past Sonic and passes it forward to Toan, who skillfully kicks it up and lofts it forward to Solid. He is on the edge of the box, and takes a sniping shot at the goal. It's on target....oh, what a save there by Wario, who left no gap for the ball to get past.
Wario makes a super smashing kick up the field to Peach, but wait, James Bond has used his charm and has stolen the ball of Peach. Frustrated and determined, Peach makes a blistering run back. Hang on, she's slapped James Bond. What's that all about? Shes off. I don't beleive it, she's off. What do you make of that Snuggly?

Well Tony, that's a definate sending off offense for sure. It was a beutiful interception from James on the ball, and left Peach standing, which is no surprise where James is concerned, and that really got to Peach. Really stupid thing to do though.

I completely agree Snuggly. Anyway, Tidus has taken the free kick. Its flown right into the middle of the box, and theres Solid...Oh my word, what a GOAL! Absolutely brilliant. He sneaked right up behind Pikachu and booted it in the net. Magnificent goal.
Yes Tony, that was a really class goal, just showing what Solid Snake is really capable of.

And it's half time folks, but don't worry, we will be right back for the rest of the non-stop action on Special Reserve Sports Entertainment.

Hi there folks, we're back for the second half of the game. It seems to have really started to pour down with rain here folks, but the game must go on. The ref blows the whistle, and the Pioneers kick off. James Bond has the ball at the moment, but here comes Sonic, at a blistering pace, and...what's this James threw Sonic behind him and carried on. Goku has blown the whistle, and, and, James is off. My what a match this is turning out to be.

To be honest with you Tony, I am not surprised here at all. James deserved to be sent off, after really putting all of his special agent training into use here.

Yes, well, the free kick has been taken. Zelda is running down the middle. He passes to Sonic on the right who then crosses it in to Mario who.....GOOOOAAAALLLL!! Oh my word, that was stunning. Mario flipped into the air and headed it into the net. Brilliant goal. What do you think Snuggly?
Yes, that was a magnificent goal indeed, skillfully taken on the head by the Gunners Captain.

Back to the spot and the Pioneers kick off once again. Hang on a minute, Goku has blown the whistle. What's going on?
Hang on a minute, he's calling off the match.
I am not the least bit surprised Tony, look at the pitch, it's like a pond. The players seem to be protesting.

Heh, not anymore they're no Snuggly, Goku turned into a Super Saiyan and everyone backed off.
Well, there you have it folks. That was a very thrilling match while it lasted. I hope you have enjoyed watching. From me, Snuggly and everyone at Special Reserve Sports Entertainment, it's Goodbye.
Fri 16/11/01 at 00:23
Hello there everybody. You are watching Special Reserve Sports Entertainment. Today's match is between 'The PS2 Pioneers' and 'The Gamecube Gunners'. This will certainly be a close match. Down to the commentators, Tony and Mr.Snuggly.

Hi there everybody, Tony here. We are certainly going to get a very interesting match here today. Let's have a look at the Team lineups.

Thankyou Tony. Your right about it being a close match. The PS2 Pioneers seem to be playing a 4-4-2 formation. In goal, they have they have Xiao from Dark Cloud, presumably for her great jumping abilities. The back four consists of that bandicoot Crash, Jak, Parappa that 2D rapper and it seems that Jann Lee has left the Dead or Alive tournament to give the Pioneera a hand. Seems like quite a solid defence. What about the midfield? Well, on the left, there is Toan, who should do well out there on the left, on the right you have Klonoa, who will hopefully be able to use that agility and speed to his advantage. In the middle, you have Tidus, who seems to have left the Blitzball league temporarily to participate in this match, Raziel, who is a skilled midfielder and can really fly past those defenders. Up in front, the Pioneers have Solid Snake (Captain), who should have no problem picking of those defenders. And alongside him is none other the James Bond himself. Two of the sneakiest strikers in the game, this could get very interesting.
On the opposing side, the Gamecube Gunners, they are playing a sweeper formation, with Wario in goal, which is a good choice because he really knows how to make himself big. In the sweeper position you have Pikachu, whose lightning tackles have strikers fearing for the lives. In front of Pikachu, you have Luigi, the captains brother, Diddy Kong, and Tails. Seems like another solid defense here, but what of the midfield? Well, on the left you have Fox McCloud and on the right you have the father of Diddy, Donkey Kong. In the middle, you have Zelda and Peach. That seems like a tough midfield. The two strikers are quite deadly in the box, with the captain Mario on the left, and the super spinning Sonic on the right. This is going to be one tough match. Back to you Tony.

And the Ref, Goku father of Goten, has blown the whistle. The Gunners kick off. Back to Zelda, who has time to look around. He sees Fox running down the left. Zelda makes a cracking pass, and Fox controls it well. Mario and Sonic are both in the box. Fox lofts it in the box. Mario makes a super jump in the air, and...., just over the crossbar. What a shame. That was some great football from the Gunners.
Xiao makes a short pass to Crash, who spins past Sonic and passes it forward to Toan, who skillfully kicks it up and lofts it forward to Solid. He is on the edge of the box, and takes a sniping shot at the goal. It's on target....oh, what a save there by Wario, who left no gap for the ball to get past.
Wario makes a super smashing kick up the field to Peach, but wait, James Bond has used his charm and has stolen the ball of Peach. Frustrated and determined, Peach makes a blistering run back. Hang on, she's slapped James Bond. What's that all about? Shes off. I don't beleive it, she's off. What do you make of that Snuggly?

Well Tony, that's a definate sending off offense for sure. It was a beutiful interception from James on the ball, and left Peach standing, which is no surprise where James is concerned, and that really got to Peach. Really stupid thing to do though.

I completely agree Snuggly. Anyway, Tidus has taken the free kick. Its flown right into the middle of the box, and theres Solid...Oh my word, what a GOAL! Absolutely brilliant. He sneaked right up behind Pikachu and booted it in the net. Magnificent goal.
Yes Tony, that was a really class goal, just showing what Solid Snake is really capable of.

And it's half time folks, but don't worry, we will be right back for the rest of the non-stop action on Special Reserve Sports Entertainment.

Hi there folks, we're back for the second half of the game. It seems to have really started to pour down with rain here folks, but the game must go on. The ref blows the whistle, and the Pioneers kick off. James Bond has the ball at the moment, but here comes Sonic, at a blistering pace, and...what's this James threw Sonic behind him and carried on. Goku has blown the whistle, and, and, James is off. My what a match this is turning out to be.

To be honest with you Tony, I am not surprised here at all. James deserved to be sent off, after really putting all of his special agent training into use here.

Yes, well, the free kick has been taken. Zelda is running down the middle. He passes to Sonic on the right who then crosses it in to Mario who.....GOOOOAAAALLLL!! Oh my word, that was stunning. Mario flipped into the air and headed it into the net. Brilliant goal. What do you think Snuggly?
Yes, that was a magnificent goal indeed, skillfully taken on the head by the Gunners Captain.

Back to the spot and the Pioneers kick off once again. Hang on a minute, Goku has blown the whistle. What's going on?
Hang on a minute, he's calling off the match.
I am not the least bit surprised Tony, look at the pitch, it's like a pond. The players seem to be protesting.

Heh, not anymore they're no Snuggly, Goku turned into a Super Saiyan and everyone backed off.
Well, there you have it folks. That was a very thrilling match while it lasted. I hope you have enjoyed watching. From me, Snuggly and everyone at Special Reserve Sports Entertainment, it's Goodbye.
Fri 16/11/01 at 10:34
Regular
I was hoping someone else would do one... if you're not sure what i mean i did an 'All star football' match topic, which was enjoyed by all that read it. Yours is great, funny. I liked mine, and yours is good. Which one is better? Let's not go there!
Fri 16/11/01 at 21:13
Regular
Pikachu has a lightning tackle - I love puns!
Fri 16/11/01 at 22:11
I had to fit some puns in there somewhere.
Fri 16/11/01 at 22:18
Asher D wrote:
> I was hoping someone else would do one... if you're not sure what i mean i did
> an 'All star football' match topic, which was enjoyed by all that read it. Yours
> is great, funny. I liked mine, and yours is good. Which one is better? Let's not
> go there!

I am sorry Asher D, I can't remember that topic. Somebody care to jog my memory. I don't think I want to plough through all of the topics to find it.
Sat 17/11/01 at 00:13
Regular
"I like cheese"
Lol!! Great idea there Goten, top post. {:)
Mon 19/11/01 at 17:51
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Yeah...weldone Goten. Simply the best post ever.

Congratulations

Son Of Liberty
Mon 19/11/01 at 21:54
Thankyou Ant and Sons of Liberty.

I have been considering doing a rematch and actually finishing the game.

Should I do this or should I just leave it?
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:27
Regular
Goten wrote:

I am sorry
> Asher D, I can't remember that topic. Somebody care to jog my memory. I don't
> think I want to plough through all of the topics to find it.

Nintendo Vs Sony....

5-5....

Only 7 replies.....

Bah humbug!...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.