GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Navigational Dilemma "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/07/10 at 00:30
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Mrs WBG here with a simple question.
Need more navigation 'strips' on InstantPro website but placed down the side makes the page look cramped and clumsy,
Is it possible to have a printed panel like wot Freeola's got on the left and,if so, how's it done?
If the above is not an option is it poss to have a second long 'strip' placed above the one already in position? Or at the top of the page?
Thanks in advance!
Thu 15/07/10 at 00:30
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Mrs WBG here with a simple question.
Need more navigation 'strips' on InstantPro website but placed down the side makes the page look cramped and clumsy,
Is it possible to have a printed panel like wot Freeola's got on the left and,if so, how's it done?
If the above is not an option is it poss to have a second long 'strip' placed above the one already in position? Or at the top of the page?
Thanks in advance!
Thu 15/07/10 at 11:05
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Welsh Blagging Git wrote:
> Mrs WBG here with a simple question.
> Need more navigation 'strips' on InstantPro website but placed
> down the side makes the page look cramped and clumsy,
> Is it possible to have a printed panel like wot Freeola's got on
> the left and,if so, how's it done?
> If the above is not an option is it poss to have a second long
> 'strip' placed above the one already in position? Or at the top
> of the page?
> Thanks in advance!

If you use the 'top' navigation on InstantPro then the navigation links will automatically scroll left to right when there are more pages/links than can fit on the navigation bar. They will not be/cannot be added to a second line.

With the side navigation the navigation 'panel' will simply list your pages in the navigation style you have chosen.

You don't need use the navigation bar to link to your pages though. You can simply hide the pages from the navigation bar (on the page manager screen simply untick the 'menu' box) and create links to your other pages directly from the main page content.

For example this site has three pages, but all pages are hidden from the navigation menu and I've added links to the other pages myself.

The downside to this though is that you will have to add the 'navigation' to each page.
Thu 15/07/10 at 13:03
"Are you sure?"
FWIW :¬)

Here's my InstantPro Dropdown Menu hack to give you another option.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Thu 15/07/10 at 23:36
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Hmmm... wrote:
> FWIW :¬)
>
> Here's my
> InstantPro
> Dropdown Menu
hack to give you another option.
>
>
>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]
> My Freeola
> InstantPro Site

Thanks-seems just what I want,but I've never used HMTL and feel somewhat intimidated by it. Is there a tutorial on how to use it?
Fri 16/07/10 at 08:15
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
We have an Adding HTML to InstantPro tutorial, but also a Beginners Guide to HTML, which although is not specific to InstantPro should still provide some good information.

For more in depth tutorials and guides you might want to look at W3Schools or Tizag. Both these sites have masses of information on them.

Good luck!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.