GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Caller ID"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/07/10 at 23:32
Regular
Hi,

I don't have a handset connected to my landline as I just use my line for my Freeola broadband. This incurs a BT 'surcharge' of £7+ per bill as I don't make two chargable calls per month.

If I cease BT caller ID, will I upset my broadband connection/service?

Neil
Fri 16/07/10 at 09:59
Regular
Thanks for that.

It would be cheaper to not incur any charges at all, including un-needed call charges.

I have had it removed.

N.
Fri 16/07/10 at 08:46
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Removing caller ID should not cause any problems with the Broadband connection, as I understand it, it would similar to adding or removing something such as call waiting, or voicemail which would have no impact on the ADSL connection.

Also, if you are being charged extra for not making calls, surely it would work out much cheaper to plug in a phone and call your mobile a couple of times for a few seconds at the start of the month!
Tue 13/07/10 at 23:32
Regular
Hi,

I don't have a handset connected to my landline as I just use my line for my Freeola broadband. This incurs a BT 'surcharge' of £7+ per bill as I don't make two chargable calls per month.

If I cease BT caller ID, will I upset my broadband connection/service?

Neil

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.