GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"403 error but the files are all there"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/07/10 at 07:55
Regular
Ive just signed up for VIP hosting for the above website and have uploaded my documents, including an index.htm file, all in the htdocs folder. However, I keep getting a 403 error message. I've tried to upload the files a number of times but always the same problem. Incidentally, I have another website and when I view those pages through Myfreeola, it comes up with all the VIP account details but when viewing this new website it doesn't. What am I doing wrong please?
Wed 14/07/10 at 09:02
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Thanks for letting us know you got the problem sorted!

If anything else comes up that you need help with please either post another question on here, or send us a Support Request and we'll see what we can do!
Tue 13/07/10 at 17:26
Regular
Sorry Numnuts, numbrain here, perhaps if I read your response properly first and engaged my brain I may get further. Not surprisingly, by following your excellent suggestion I now have a website - hurrah! Thanks very much.
Tue 13/07/10 at 17:23
Regular
thanks, its the tennis club website that I'm having problems with. I've signed up for VIP (although I don't understand why I need to sign up for this twice) and have received a confirmation email from Freeola but this info doesn't seem to be porting to my web space and I think that's the problem. How do I marry up this website with it's VIP hosting?
Tue 13/07/10 at 08:45
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I've checked in your account, and you have two VIP hosting services, so I'm not sure which one you're having trouble with. One of these does not have an address assigned to it, although there have been files uploaded.

I would suggest you log in to your account, select VIP web hosting from the left page navigation, and ensure that the VIP folder to which you have uploaded the files has an address assigned to it as this might be the problem.

Also, the VIP hosting you have which does have an address assigned to it is displaying correctly for me here.
Tue 13/07/10 at 07:55
Regular
Ive just signed up for VIP hosting for the above website and have uploaded my documents, including an index.htm file, all in the htdocs folder. However, I keep getting a 403 error message. I've tried to upload the files a number of times but always the same problem. Incidentally, I have another website and when I view those pages through Myfreeola, it comes up with all the VIP account details but when viewing this new website it doesn't. What am I doing wrong please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.