GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Damn You Nintendo...!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/04/03 at 15:27
Regular
Earlier on in the year I waved goodbye to my Gamecube and it's games. They departed for various Ebay users homes, and in some cases had actually made me a profit on the original price because I'd been buying them all from where I used to work, and get discount.

A Nintendo machine was never going to set foot next to my Xbox, ever again.

But....despite having previously swore blind that I hated Nintendo's trademark gaming style, games like Zelda and Metroid, I actually got to play Metroid in GAME last monday. It's amazingly good and you can't compare it to HALO because it's not the same kind of game.

Then, whilst browsing SR, I see the advert for the Zelda + Gamecube bundle. Looked mighty good at £139.99.

Was browsing GAME's website and same bundle, but £10 less, and free express shipping, and free strategy guide.

Bottom line: A Gamecube Zelda pack, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 0, a free Zelda strategy guide, and a free 4mb memory card are all going to be appearing on the doorstep later this week.

Earlier on in the year I would've said Nintendo was finished because sales were not that good, but I hear that they've picked up ever since Metroid.

Heck, if the Zelda pack can win over doubters like me then it has to be a good idea.

Maybe the battle for second place isn't over yet.

On another note, if anyone is feeling helpful (or bored), what does Phantasy Star Online play like offline ? I want to go online with it but it won't be for a couple of weeks yet as I've just spent nearly £200 here !
Wed 30/04/03 at 15:27
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Earlier on in the year I waved goodbye to my Gamecube and it's games. They departed for various Ebay users homes, and in some cases had actually made me a profit on the original price because I'd been buying them all from where I used to work, and get discount.

A Nintendo machine was never going to set foot next to my Xbox, ever again.

But....despite having previously swore blind that I hated Nintendo's trademark gaming style, games like Zelda and Metroid, I actually got to play Metroid in GAME last monday. It's amazingly good and you can't compare it to HALO because it's not the same kind of game.

Then, whilst browsing SR, I see the advert for the Zelda + Gamecube bundle. Looked mighty good at £139.99.

Was browsing GAME's website and same bundle, but £10 less, and free express shipping, and free strategy guide.

Bottom line: A Gamecube Zelda pack, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 0, a free Zelda strategy guide, and a free 4mb memory card are all going to be appearing on the doorstep later this week.

Earlier on in the year I would've said Nintendo was finished because sales were not that good, but I hear that they've picked up ever since Metroid.

Heck, if the Zelda pack can win over doubters like me then it has to be a good idea.

Maybe the battle for second place isn't over yet.

On another note, if anyone is feeling helpful (or bored), what does Phantasy Star Online play like offline ? I want to go online with it but it won't be for a couple of weeks yet as I've just spent nearly £200 here !
Wed 30/04/03 at 15:49
Regular
Shouldn't you be damning you own shortsighted stupidity?

I told you it was crazy to sell your GC about 2 weeks before Prime was released.
Wed 30/04/03 at 16:26
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Ah, but I did sell my slighly iffy purple coloured cube - bought for 99.99 for 122.50 on Ebay, and now I'll be getting a shiny silver coloured one :)
Wed 30/04/03 at 16:29
Regular
Platinum looks tacky

bleugh
Wed 30/04/03 at 16:31
Regular
Spray it :^)
Wed 30/04/03 at 17:57
Regular
Platinum looks swish actually IMO, saw one in an import shop earlier.

Phantasy Star Online plays okay offline, just as long as you plan on going online at some point. It's actually a good idea to start your character offline otherwise you'll get one hell of a whooping.

It does get rather tedious after a while though.

If you do get online post a message in here, i've met up with another person from the boards online and I think a few more are planning on getting online in the future.
Wed 30/04/03 at 17:59
Regular
Platinum looks great, but it should have a Blue LED.
Wed 30/04/03 at 18:26
Regular
"Festivus!"
aha.

Zelda.

T'will be mine.

Tomorrow maybe.

Hopefully.

I pray.
Wed 30/04/03 at 18:32
Regular
I'm getting Golden Sun:The Lost Age from the U.S.A on saturday. my dad perchased it for me. I can't wait.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:49
Regular
Christ.. didn't we tell you? Now you've got to buy it all over again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.