GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smack Down 3- Its arrived!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 17:27
Regular
And its only thursday. i was suppose to get it tommorow (friday 16th). ANT has also recieved his copy and its great! ive been playing all day.

Anyway in this topic you can ask questions about the game or posts your good and bad views about it.

good-
much better story mode that wont let you fall asleep. right away you can tell its good because vince asks youif you want a tag title shot and if you pick yes you have to walk around backstage with a first person view looking for a partner who will accept.

bad-
the graphics on the title belts and the audience members is worse than the sega mega drive!

good-
the graphics for the game are really really really really wicked. the wrestlers look really smooth and better than ever.

bad- no create a ppv mode, which i didnt like alot anyway but many people did. (HINT HINT-ANT)

good-
the ref. you stop noticing him after 2 mins of gameplay but is a huge upgrade to the game thats never been seen before.

bad-
the commentating can get annoying. you can notice how the sentances are put together word buy word. (TAZZ- "I" "think" "the rock" "will" win"). the tone of voice changes with every word.

good-
backstage areas are all detailed well, there is a nice selection and the titon tron is part of the ring area so it doesnt need to load, you just walk up the ramp. also the game often doesnt need to load between different stages, it just flashes black and takes you to another place

bad-
the controls are the same but im still not use to doing akk the moves as there is a slight change in the grappleing.

MY LONGEST POST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fri 23/11/01 at 17:36
Kid Rock wrote:
> Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> A few few SD3 Questions for my 9 year old little brother
> who soon getting A PS2,
> Which likes to have a few Questions
> answerd...

1.) Whats the Skip Mode like?
> I h8ed SD2 as u have to watch
> 2 little bars fall to its Death...

2.) Iz there
> 8-way Hell in the Cell
> match?

3.) Overall...Iz it really Worth getting if he
> has SD2 and
> SD1?

thanks

u were suppose to get it yesturday

==Ev][L~Dark==

no 8 man hell in a cell just 6 man i aint
> getting it im getting DMC instead
Thu 22/11/01 at 10:42
Regular
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> A few few SD3 Questions for my 9 year old little brother who soon getting A PS2,
> Which likes to have a few Questions answerd...

> I h8ed SD2 as u have to watch 2 little bars fall to its Death...

2.) Iz there
> 8-way Hell in the Cell match?

> has SD2 and SD1?

thanks

==Ev][L~Dark==

no 8 man hell in a cell just 6 man i aint getting it im getting DMC instead
Wed 21/11/01 at 23:27
Regular
"360: swfcman"
The game is good and bad.

Its good because the game play is just so much better. Its been slowed down to give it that realism effect and get rid of that arcade feel to SD 1 and 2. The wrestlers look and are animated great, they crawl around in pain, with facial effects, lie on the floor in agony, this even happens when they do moves themselves, just like on TV. There are loads different match types to choose from, and having 9 in the ring is an whole new experience, and great if you have the multitap.

The only thing that really lets the game down is the career mode. Its too short, and can be finsihed in under 5 matches when you obtain a belt.......any belt. The same thing happens all the time and you have to purposely loose (unless you are crap) to have a change in the story. Its really nothing like the SD 2 games story mode which was great bar the loading times.

None the less, its a great game with lots to still do, you have to finish the story mode many times to get all the hidden stuff, which can be good and bad. The game really comes into its own on multiplayer though, especially with a multitap.

If your a WWF fan, then its worth it, if your not like me, its still a good game.
Wed 21/11/01 at 23:16
Ev][L~Dark wrote:

> I h8ed SD2 as u have to watch 2 little bars fall to its Death...

good news, there no skip. the story mode is 100% different. you only have your own matches and walk around backstage after them.

2.) Iz there
> 8-way Hell in the Cell match?

no, 6 man. but thats still briliant.

> has SD2 and SD1?

no, only if hes a big wrestling fan. people say its a crap game, but its no really. its just that its not that much better than SM2. there are some annoying points but some good things aswell. im in year 9 myself, and am a wrestling fan and dont mind it in my collection but f i got my PS2 tommorow then id concentrate and better titles first (GTA3, GT3 and maybe spy hunter)

hope this helps
Wed 21/11/01 at 23:11
You can do a six man hell in the cell, evil dark.
Wed 21/11/01 at 22:57
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
A few few SD3 Questions for my 9 year old little brother who soon getting A PS2, Which likes to have a few Questions answerd...

1.) Whats the Skip Mode like? I h8ed SD2 as u have to watch 2 little bars fall to its Death...

2.) Iz there 8-way Hell in the Cell match?

3.) Overall...Iz it really Worth getting if he has SD2 and SD1?

thanks

==Ev][L~Dark==
Tue 20/11/01 at 16:23
Pro Evo wrote:
> Well you see, that was yesterday, it is now today.

*science mode..*

We
> live on earth which spins on an axis.....

lol @ me then. i didnt know what the time is and i couldnt see when the post saying "i posted that meassage yesturday" was posted untill after it was sent.
Sun 18/11/01 at 00:15
Regular
lol @ bigslow
Sun 18/11/01 at 00:11
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well you see, that was yesterday, it is now today.

*science mode..*

We live on earth which spins on an axis.....
Sun 18/11/01 at 00:09
i posted that last message today, why does it say yesturday!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.