GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 16:47
Regular
Is there any particular reason that SR show both the VAT free and the with VAT prices on all products?

Im sorry if this should have been posted elsewhere, but I dont know where it would be relevent.
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:57
Did you get that tag from a qaulity street advert for the movie sponsers?
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
Value Added Tax
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:38
Uuummm what's V.A.T?
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:36
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
The price without VAT is only shown (in the mag anyway) for the PCs and that's cos you don't have to pay the VAT if you are a business and a business may very well buy a MAXX or BOXX PC cos apparently they are very good. But for the games and consoles I dunno why except overseas customers may have a different rate of VAT or may pay a different tax cos the thing is being exported... (or something like that...)

:-)
Thu 15/11/01 at 17:44
Mr Nice Guy wrote:
> I ain't no business expert but it does seem rather stupid for me cos as far as I
> know the only way you get it VAT free is by claiming it as part of your business
> and as a result of that you need not pay VAT.

But how can you claim playing
> games is part of your company?

you can just say your buying them, not playing. or your developing a crack that will let you copy games.

oversea customers do not need to pay VAT i think so they need the different price.
Thu 15/11/01 at 17:10
Regular
"Wasting away"
I ain't no business expert but it does seem rather stupid for me cos as far as I know the only way you get it VAT free is by claiming it as part of your business and as a result of that you need not pay VAT.

But how can you claim playing games is part of your company?
Thu 15/11/01 at 16:47
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Is there any particular reason that SR show both the VAT free and the with VAT prices on all products?

Im sorry if this should have been posted elsewhere, but I dont know where it would be relevent.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.