GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age: FIRST IMPRESSIONS!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age'.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:19
Regular
I have had GS2 for over a day now and I have played almost 7 hours worth of game, just before I started up the game I notcied that there was a huge world map inside the box along with the instructions which gives the names of each continent and main towns/cities around the world which is bretty big compared to what we only saw in GS1.

I then started up the game and watched the start up sequence which is quite good, then (this is if you have a link cable and GS1 in another GBA) it goes straight into the link up business and naming of characters follows right after. Now you can start the game.

As most of you have heard the game starts off just before Felix has reached the Venus Light house roof where Menardi and Satorus are ready to light up the second beacon, but we don't need to watch that all over again now do we, that's why we jus start off with Jenna and Kraden heading out of the light house with Alex. Alex fights some gaurds and jenna fights some townies that think she's a pushover, they both win th fights and jenna heads off in a different direction than Alex, they end up at Menardi and Satorus' ship but they can't work it because of the missing part, Alex arrives and the light house is lit up in the background.

I won't say any more than that about the main storyline as it will spoil you.

Okay I am at least quite far awayfrom where i started off in the main game and am now in a town full of werewolfs. I have used quite a few new Psyenergys and have collected items that can change the class of you're character you gave that item too, so far I have experienced a few new summons' as well but most of the original remain. The new summons' are created by finding ancient Runes that let you combine Djinn from two different elements.

As soon as i've learnt a bit more i'll get back to you.
Thu 01/05/03 at 15:43
"The Will of D."
I'd just completed a VERY long section of puzzles just to receive the 'Reveal' psyenergy ina mountainous area called Air's Rock which have a huge Jupiter elemental temple inside at the top of the mountain.
It has way more puzzles than in the Venus Lighthouse and takes twice as long to reach the point you fight at the top of the lighthouse!
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
*Runs for the exit before GS1 plot is spoilt*
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:19
"The Will of D."
I have had GS2 for over a day now and I have played almost 7 hours worth of game, just before I started up the game I notcied that there was a huge world map inside the box along with the instructions which gives the names of each continent and main towns/cities around the world which is bretty big compared to what we only saw in GS1.

I then started up the game and watched the start up sequence which is quite good, then (this is if you have a link cable and GS1 in another GBA) it goes straight into the link up business and naming of characters follows right after. Now you can start the game.

As most of you have heard the game starts off just before Felix has reached the Venus Light house roof where Menardi and Satorus are ready to light up the second beacon, but we don't need to watch that all over again now do we, that's why we jus start off with Jenna and Kraden heading out of the light house with Alex. Alex fights some gaurds and jenna fights some townies that think she's a pushover, they both win th fights and jenna heads off in a different direction than Alex, they end up at Menardi and Satorus' ship but they can't work it because of the missing part, Alex arrives and the light house is lit up in the background.

I won't say any more than that about the main storyline as it will spoil you.

Okay I am at least quite far awayfrom where i started off in the main game and am now in a town full of werewolfs. I have used quite a few new Psyenergys and have collected items that can change the class of you're character you gave that item too, so far I have experienced a few new summons' as well but most of the original remain. The new summons' are created by finding ancient Runes that let you combine Djinn from two different elements.

As soon as i've learnt a bit more i'll get back to you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.