GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid on Cube! Yer baby, yer!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes'.
Thu 01/05/03 at 10:35
Regular
Metal Gear Solid, of Playstation 1 fame, is getting a brand spanking new coat of paint, and being brough back to Nintendo!

Being updated by Silicon Knights, the people who brought us Eternal Darkness, we are gonna be in for a treat!

The main good news coming from this is that Silicon Knights is a Nintendo second party developer. Thus Nintendo must finally be pushing hard to try and get some of these brilliant Playstation titles back onto its machine.

Nintendo have done this with Resident Evil, and even managed to get Squaresoft to bring a Final Fantasy game to the Cube. It's finally looking that Nintendo are screwing their head back on straight!

I can't wait!

:D
Sat 03/05/03 at 23:21
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Metal Gear is fun!

Argh christ, need some GAD's. Got Splinter Cell, need one for Mario Kart and now this!
Fri 02/05/03 at 18:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Muha. I agree Mr. Totoro.

Mwwhahahaha-AA!
Fri 02/05/03 at 18:28
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I haven't actually seen it, I was just making a general comment. No way is the DC more powerful than the PS2, saying that is just stupid.
Fri 02/05/03 at 18:26
Regular
"everyone says it"
Memorandum wrote:
> Just because Soul Calibur hasn't changed much doesn't mean the PS2
> isn't technically superior.

PS2 runs Soul Calibur 2 like a dog. It struggles.
Fri 02/05/03 at 18:25
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Just because Soul Calibur hasn't changed much doesn't mean the PS2 isn't technically superior.
Fri 02/05/03 at 18:25
Regular
"everyone says it"
Speed wrote:
> Anything the Dreamcast could handle the PS2 can? Without getting
> technical, the Dreamcast could pull off better graphics anytime. Go
> and pick up Soul Calibur 1 (which was looong time ago) and you'll see
> the newly released Soul Calibur 2 hasnt changed much.

hahah.

Yes it has. I had them running side by side last night and the speed and framerate of the newest one sweeps crap on the original. Its simply incredible.
Fri 02/05/03 at 18:24
Regular
"everyone says it"
Going to kick serious butt.

People from Nintendo yesterday told me its been in dev now for a few years, with all new side stories and it taking a more Deus Ex style. If you kill the wrong person, their friends will be angry later on if you ever face them.

Cool!
Fri 02/05/03 at 18:21
Regular
Anything the Dreamcast could handle the PS2 can? Without getting technical, the Dreamcast could pull off better graphics anytime. Go and pick up Soul Calibur 1 (which was looong time ago) and you'll see the newly released Soul Calibur 2 hasnt changed much.
Fri 02/05/03 at 14:28
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Metal Gear Solid coming to the Cube is possibly the best thing in the history of everything (or at least since the Mario Kart Double Dash screenshots were shown off :S).
The Gamecube line-up just keeps getting better and better. Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes, Mario 128, Mario Kart Double Dash, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, F-Zero, 1080, Mario Tennis & Golf, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4...too many more to remember...head explodes.
Fri 02/05/03 at 09:56
Regular
I think it's gong to be really cool. I can't wait!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.