GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Champ Manager 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Championship manager 4'.
Thu 01/05/03 at 16:34
Regular
Is it any good?

Is it worth me getting it for my GAD?
Thu 01/05/03 at 20:43
Yes, yes definetely. Otherwise don't even bother. It is so bad on my friend's 900mhz pc.
Thu 01/05/03 at 20:41
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
If you are interested in football, this game is essential. As long as you have 1.5ghz+ and 256mb+ ram you'll be fine.
Thu 01/05/03 at 20:38
I'd get it. And interestingly enough Lucio is one of the best defenders in it. He is keeping Maldini out of AC at the mo.
Thu 01/05/03 at 20:33
Regular
Like every other game....
except maybe some online FPS
Thu 01/05/03 at 19:24
Regular
"Festivus!"
§niper wrote:
> Its not only for the casual gamers...
> If u love football then u MUST get this.

I love football.

Championship Manager bores me after a while.

I always say That I am going to re-create my classic Brighton side which nearly got into the Premiership, but I never do...

Oh Zamora, why did you leave me?
Thu 01/05/03 at 17:20
Regular
"smile, it's free"
A simulation is a game, is it not? Either way, if it's entertaining, who cares?

What I will say, is that Champ Manager is much further ahead of it's rivals in the same genre than Zelda is.

That's not a dig at the Legend Of Zelda series in any way, I'm just pointing out that from the perspective of the game's level of depth and attention to detail, it has to be appreciated as the bext of it's type by a country mile.

Whereas with another installment of Fifa, it's almost unanimously agreed that the game isn't actually that great. Ergo, people buy it on name and reputation alone.
Thu 01/05/03 at 17:08
Regular
"DS..."
meh, say what you like as i can't be bothered to go into the whole "what is a game and waht is a simulation and how fine the line is between the two" debate again. and in any case you can't compare the championship manager series which IS merely a simulation in my opinion and many others to a series that has contributed to the industry in a way that no other can even dream about matching or even coming close to rivaling and is as the title suggests (in it's own subtle way) Legendary, and let us not forget that this legend has existed a lot longer than the championship manager series which seems to have been born purely to satisfy football fans who adore football and just hurl abuse at any other type of sport or games, and the legend will live on a lot longer than any other mediocre series, nuff said, i can't be bothered to waste any more time here.

slik ~_~
Thu 01/05/03 at 17:02
Regular
"smile, it's free"
CHampionship Manager is not just a game, it's an institution. Most of the people who play it are hardcore fans of the series who've been into it for years. They're no more casual fanboys than those who harp on about every incarnation of Zelda or Mario.
Thu 01/05/03 at 16:59
Regular
"DS..."
well personally i hate football with a passion, and on a side note in my experience it's mostly casual gamers who are also really into football, where this might not be true for some it's certainly rings true for the majority, and so when the next football game comes out on any format Kerching! it's lapped up, it's almost like giving the developers a licence to print money ffs, meh neways rant over for now as I wait in anticipation for a game that has allready contributed enornmously to the games industry in more than just sales in the US and JP, and I can't wait to embrace it's brilliance, roll on Friday for that is the day when the legend will be finally reborn...

slik ~_~
Thu 01/05/03 at 16:55
Regular
Its not only for the casual gamers...
If u love football then u MUST get this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.