GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"sql folder and website folder need to be same?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/05/07 at 22:49
Regular
freeola login number for my website is sr0693555
my mysql account is located on sr0701428

i have updated a simple login php program onto my website sr number
but i am getting the following message.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'sr0701428 @freeolaweb5.freeola.com' (Using password: YES) in /freeola/users/5/5/sr0693555/htdocs/checklogin.php on line 11
cannot connect

basically my question is this: does my mysql account(sr0701428) need to be on the same folder as my website (sr0693555)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :-)
Thu 24/05/07 at 12:11
Staff
I have checked the code for this, and the error is due to a carriage return after the username and the database name, this is causing the script to fail.

There is no tieup between MySQL accounts and Freeola useraccounts, any MySQL account should work with any Freeola Web Account.
Thu 24/05/07 at 09:11
Regular
"jameswoodcock.co.uk"
Don't think so.
Tue 08/05/07 at 22:49
Regular
freeola login number for my website is sr0693555
my mysql account is located on sr0701428

i have updated a simple login php program onto my website sr number
but i am getting the following message.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'sr0701428 @freeolaweb5.freeola.com' (Using password: YES) in /freeola/users/5/5/sr0693555/htdocs/checklogin.php on line 11
cannot connect

basically my question is this: does my mysql account(sr0701428) need to be on the same folder as my website (sr0693555)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.