GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Mod"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 00:31
Regular
Cancelled my US Gamecube pre-order... for a modded Jap console! US and Jap games :)

Ha - and ordered direct from Hong Kong for around £165, no where near the £500 certain UK importers are charging.

Oh, but don't do that - all buy Special Reserve... or something along those lines. Like I've said before, I would, but they bizzarly refuse to ship to N.I., even though we have the same postal service as the rest of the UK, as one would guess.
Thu 15/11/01 at 00:31
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Cancelled my US Gamecube pre-order... for a modded Jap console! US and Jap games :)

Ha - and ordered direct from Hong Kong for around £165, no where near the £500 certain UK importers are charging.

Oh, but don't do that - all buy Special Reserve... or something along those lines. Like I've said before, I would, but they bizzarly refuse to ship to N.I., even though we have the same postal service as the rest of the UK, as one would guess.
Thu 15/11/01 at 00:36
Regular
Can this MOD play PAL games as well? and where did you order this from?! thats a very very tempting price.
Thu 15/11/01 at 00:42
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
You will probably be able get all the games that are never released in Europe too. That seems a bit cheap, how much is costing for your games? 80 pound or however much it is to import from the USA?
Thu 15/11/01 at 09:12
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Naw! I'm importing from the US too and the games will cost £38 tops. I've seen Super Monkey Ball for £29 with NO additional shipping cost.
Thu 15/11/01 at 10:04
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Ok, I agree that the price is nice and cheap, but...wouldn`t you like the satisfaction of knowing you bought your Gamecube from your own doorstep? I've thought about buying import consoles/games, but I think about the consequences, like, you would have to buy on import all the time, without being able to go to your local shop and buy or rent a game. Plus, if you wanted to buy anything which came out in the U.K.(i`m assuming you live in the U.K!), then you couldn`t because of the incompatability.

Im not whinging at you though, because I fully stand by your decision to do what you want :¬)
Thu 15/11/01 at 10:42
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Plan on getting an import Gamecube ay and moding it?

Well this is what your gonna have to do to get it to work:-

http://cube.ign.com/news/39712.html

If you ask me this is well dodgy, and you'll probably end up totally screwing your Gamecube up!

:)
Thu 15/11/01 at 13:37
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
slave2games wrote:
> Ok, I agree that the price is nice and cheap, but...wouldn`t you like the
> satisfaction of knowing you bought your Gamecube from your own doorstep? I've
> thought about buying import consoles/games, but I think about the consequences,
> like, you would have to buy on import all the time, without being able to go to
> your local shop and buy or rent a game. Plus, if you wanted to buy anything
> which came out in the U.K.(i`m assuming you live in the U.K!), then you couldn`t
> because of the incompatability.

Im not whinging at you though, because I
> fully stand by your decision to do what you want :¬)

I see where your coming from man, but why would I want to buy anything from the UK, when the US will get the titles for a cheaper price and a lot earlier than we'll see them here?

I gave up sometime ago on the PAL market, due to the shoddy treatment of it's European market!

As far as purchasing games go, I usually do quite a bit of research into what I'm buying, and if it sounds the ticket, then I'll place an order for it.

But, as I say, horses for courses and all that...:)
Thu 15/11/01 at 13:37
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Cooky wrote:
> Plan on getting an import Gamecube ay and moding it?

Well this is what your
> gonna have to do to get it to
> work:-

http://cube.ign.com/news/39712.html

If you ask me this is well
> dodgy, and you'll probably end up totally screwing your Gamecube up!

:)

Yeah, I wouldn't attempt. You can get it modded for about £27 anyway, pay someone who's more experienced to do it for you.
Thu 15/11/01 at 14:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That modification job looks well dodgy. If there was a way to make the import Gamecubes play the PAL games i would definately import.
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:43
Regular
Aren't the Jap and US models meant to not work so well with our TV's?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.