GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Mod"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 00:31
Regular
Cancelled my US Gamecube pre-order... for a modded Jap console! US and Jap games :)

Ha - and ordered direct from Hong Kong for around £165, no where near the £500 certain UK importers are charging.

Oh, but don't do that - all buy Special Reserve... or something along those lines. Like I've said before, I would, but they bizzarly refuse to ship to N.I., even though we have the same postal service as the rest of the UK, as one would guess.
Sat 17/11/01 at 16:05
i modded my gc, it was scary.

I get Super smash brothers melee next week I CANT WAIT
Fri 16/11/01 at 00:28
As I already have a Japanese GameCube (which I ordered directly from Japan at R.R.P price) I should have cancelled my US pre-order, but I delayed it and now it's too late! The shop in the US has charged my card already! I'm not too bothered as I wanted the Jet Black version as well, and also I can have one downstairs now. I'm still debating whether to buy the Panasonic Q GameCube from Japan. Hell, if I do I might even set-up my own Cube Club! Just like Nintendo in America.

***PLEASE NOTE***: If anybody is getting the impression that I am a rich so and so, well think again. I can't even afford to pay for the US Gamecube, and if I buy the Q Gamecube as well then I am going to nearly MAX OUT my credit card! Ahhhh, what the heck, Christmas is coming soon, so the parents will help me out. Won't they??? They better!!!
Thu 15/11/01 at 23:40
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
That's where I ordered from (along with pretty much all my Eastern imported goods) - wasn't going to mention them as I don't like diverting business away from SR. They provide these boards from free and hand out games and DVDs at will - just polite to respect that they are a business etc... anyway, enough preaching...

I order pretty much everything on-line, so ordering a title from the States/Japan or from the UK makes little or no difference. Price usually works out about the same as UK high street once postage and tax are added - usually you're not charged the tax on one/two game orders making the stuff cheaper, and then of course you get it weeks/months earlier than here (says the man currently addicted to Golden Sun in favour of the Doom and Street Fighter II X carts lying gathering dust).

And the mod is 100% effective and tested by people like IGN and PlanetGamecube. The fact that Nintendo demand information on Smash Bros. Meele be pulled for website but allow the moding information to say up speaks volumes. As Peter Main said, Nintendo will fight for every unit. If a handfull of people react to the USs shortages of Gamecubes by importing then that's ten times better than them picking up an X-Box or PS2.
Thu 15/11/01 at 19:25
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Or†ega wrote:
> Can this MOD play PAL games as well? and where did you order this from?! thats a
> very very tempting price.

Go to www.liksang.com They have the modded jap ones and nornal jap ones.
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:16
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
when you do the mod , you have to use a very small amount of solder and put a piece of card between the two parts , really when you think about it , it's not actually that hard , and if you do screw it up then all you have to do cut the solder bettween the two connectors and it will work. but i dont think it does play pal games , and you'll just have to buy one of those discs that datel are bound to bring out , that will let you play the pal games. if yuo want to see how to do it , just go to lik-sang.com and they tell you how to do it one there. it's not that hard ... really ;-) (not that ive done it !!)
Thu 15/11/01 at 17:33
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah, but bleeders what'll you do if you win a GAD on here? You won't be able to play it on your NTSC 'Cube. I know... Give it to me!

:-)

PS Vote for Cooky!
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:46
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
They'll work, provided you have a relatively new-ish TV with an S-Video or A/V connections. Obviously PAL is a slightly better picture quality than NTSC though, not so much that you'd actually notice though. Well, I couldn't see the difference anyway.

The Gamecube doesn't output RGB, so Scart would be futile for it.
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:43
Regular
Aren't the Jap and US models meant to not work so well with our TV's?
Thu 15/11/01 at 14:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That modification job looks well dodgy. If there was a way to make the import Gamecubes play the PAL games i would definately import.
Thu 15/11/01 at 13:37
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Cooky wrote:
> Plan on getting an import Gamecube ay and moding it?

Well this is what your
> gonna have to do to get it to
> work:-

http://cube.ign.com/news/39712.html

If you ask me this is well
> dodgy, and you'll probably end up totally screwing your Gamecube up!

:)

Yeah, I wouldn't attempt. You can get it modded for about £27 anyway, pay someone who's more experienced to do it for you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.