GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"kids and mobile phones"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/11/01 at 22:39
Regular
this is a topic that has been buggine me for ages now.

Why do children of the age of like 10 need mobile phones??

I have had a mobile for about a year and usede it when i was at school.

However, what does a child of 9 need a phone for?

Really you don't need a phone till your 14 or so and have more school work and may be late.

I know i would never need a phone at the age of 9.

There is evidence that mobile phones can produce radiation that can be damaging to you brain. The origional phone i had gave me a headache when i used it.

Young kids won't be buying their phones. Their parents will. The kids then spend loads of time talking on their mobiles racking up huge bills for the parents to pay.

as a child you should spend time with freinds, rather than phoning them and texting them.

Personally i get really annoyed when i see young kids with phones. Its even worse when they have a better phone than you.

No phones until the age of 14 or so.

It really is pointless giveing kids phones. It shows they are spoilt.

At the age of 9 i would have never been given a phone as a present.

Ah well

Does anyone feel the same about this?
Wed 14/11/01 at 22:39
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
this is a topic that has been buggine me for ages now.

Why do children of the age of like 10 need mobile phones??

I have had a mobile for about a year and usede it when i was at school.

However, what does a child of 9 need a phone for?

Really you don't need a phone till your 14 or so and have more school work and may be late.

I know i would never need a phone at the age of 9.

There is evidence that mobile phones can produce radiation that can be damaging to you brain. The origional phone i had gave me a headache when i used it.

Young kids won't be buying their phones. Their parents will. The kids then spend loads of time talking on their mobiles racking up huge bills for the parents to pay.

as a child you should spend time with freinds, rather than phoning them and texting them.

Personally i get really annoyed when i see young kids with phones. Its even worse when they have a better phone than you.

No phones until the age of 14 or so.

It really is pointless giveing kids phones. It shows they are spoilt.

At the age of 9 i would have never been given a phone as a present.

Ah well

Does anyone feel the same about this?
Thu 15/11/01 at 17:43
yeah i know, how can the parents let them get them!
When you're a teenager you're going out alot and a mobile's useful to keep in contact with friends/parents for being late, lifts etc.
Oh yeah the brain melting thing is only apparent on analogue phones; most are digital now.
no phones until teenage years (13+)
Sat 17/11/01 at 15:46
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Lord Semajal, you have made me a very happy man (or adoloscent 13 year old!). Mobile phones really became a full fledged fad last year. Here's my story to tell.

Ok, a few people in my class (12 year old's) began to pop up with mobile phones. The popular people started the fad and then, everyone else followed. Soon, everyone had a mobile phone. What exactly is all this 3210 3328 malarky!? Every couple of weeks, there is a new mobile phone on the market, which is namely to blame for all of this fad on mobile phones. I actually chatted to one of my friends who has a mobile about this very subject. The conversation went as follows:

Shaneo: What you doing?

Friend: Oh, just texting a mate.

Shaneo: Cool (that was a lie by the way), what phone you got?

Friend: [insert mobile name here - because I'm useless!] I'm getting a new one for my birthday.

Shaneo: Why would you want 2 mobile phones?

Friend: I need the new model!

Shaneo: You're buying for the sake of it.

Friend: I know...

Strange person eh? A lot of people are like this. They just buy a mobile for the novelty of it. Phones were never in demand before this were they? Personally, I think the entire think sucks. I only have a mobile because it came with my PC and even then, I hardly ever use it. I hear of people such as one of Hearsay (no, I don't listen to them!) phoning Jack Ryder so much that she got a £300 + bill in and I think: Stupid woman! She's wasted £300 doing something she can do at home for free when she could have spent it on something more wholesome.

Did anyone watch Tonight with Trevor McDonald the other week? A woman was interviewed about her brain tumour that she had apparently obtained from mobile phone over-usage. Doctor's warn that they should only be used for emergencies, which I agree with. Phoning someone up, asking them what you're having for tea tonight is hardly neccessary now is it? Oh, did I tell you - the woman with the tumour died 2 weeks after the show was filmed.

Thanks for reading.
Firebalt.
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:54
Regular
"I like cheese"
Mobile phones just annoy me.

All my friends had one, and they spent hours at school comparing 'cool' ring tones, and always going on about the latest new 'model.'

I can't be bothered to pay for something I'm not going to need.

"But you can play Snake!"

Yes, but I can play much better games on an Amiga, you sad idiot. Go away.

"What are ya getting for Christmas?"

"The new Nokia 375768384838958-494."

Grrrrrrrrr....
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:02
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Kids need phones.

There are alot of dangerous people out there, and it is much safer to give a kid an instant way to call for help than to make him run for the phonebox a mile away.

Phones also make sure that the parents can check up on the kid and make sure he/she is safe.

Mobile phones improve our lives, but like all new technology they are met with fear and dislike.

Camera's : stole your soul

TV: brainwashed you and made you brain dead

Music records : if played backward, revealed secret satan worshipping messages.

Mobile phones are here to stay. Accept it and move on.
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:35
Regular
Edwin25 wrote:
> Kids need phones.

There are alot of dangerous people out there, and it is
> much safer to give a kid an instant way to call for help than to make him run
> for the phonebox a mile away.

What happened before mobile phones then? More kids were attacked? Of course they weren't. It's all perception.

Kids should NEVER have mobile phones.

Think about it, how long does it take to cook a jacket potato in a microwave? About 6-8 minutes?

You putting a source of the same waves right next to your head each time you use a mobile phone.

That's not right for kids whose brains are still growing. Ok, so a mobile phone is a lot less powerful than a microwave, but it doesn't matter.

Even if it's not *that* dangerous, that fact is it CAN'T be good for you, end of story.

I would never give a child of mine a mobile until they were 18. There would be no need for them to have it.

I have a mobile, I'm 20, and I hardly use it if I'm completely honest with you. All the calls I make are short because I don't want to risk damaging my head.
Mon 19/11/01 at 10:18
Regular
"smile, it's free"
It's all very well saying kids shouldn't have mobiles until they're 18, but most kids don't fry their heads with them anyway.

That is to say, most kids you'll notice using mobiles, will communicate 90% of the time with text messaging.
Mon 19/11/01 at 10:22
Regular
VenomByte wrote:
> It's all very well saying kids shouldn't have mobiles until they're 18, but most
> kids don't fry their heads with them anyway.

That is to say, most kids you'll
> notice using mobiles, will communicate 90% of the time with text messaging.

True.

But what you need to think of is:

Do kids *need* phones.

The answer, in my opinion, is no.
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:39
Regular
"smile, it's free"
They also don't *need* hi-fi's, games consoles, or TV's in their rooms, but that isn't a good reason for them not to have them.
Mon 19/11/01 at 20:18
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Kids do need phones. Cmon. In an emergency, you need a way to contact help. You cant argue against that. And radiation?
buzzcocks. Name one kid who died of mobile phone radiation.
Everythings bad for you anyway.

Dont eat butter, you will have a heart problem.

Dont have sex you will catch VD

Dont watch telly you will damage your eyes

dont drink beer, you will kill your liver.

All true, yet we dont give a rats behind. Why do you care so much about phones?

Anyway, i dont intend to die healthy at 150 with a male nurse wipeing MY bum for me thank you VERY much. Enjoy yourself while you can.

People just have these wierd thing were the sound of other people talking annoys them. dont ask me why. Just because someone has a better phone than you or talks on it alot doesnt mean you can take them away.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.