GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final fantasy 11"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XI'.
Sun 04/05/03 at 16:32
Regular
When the hell will we know anything about this game? I know its coming out as an online game on the pc and other small details that took me ages to find on the internet.
Sun 04/05/03 at 16:32
Regular
When the hell will we know anything about this game? I know its coming out as an online game on the pc and other small details that took me ages to find on the internet.
Sun 04/05/03 at 16:36
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
It took you ages to find out completely false information then?
Sun 04/05/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
They took applications for US beta testers a while back.
Sun 04/05/03 at 17:06
"period drama"
'Twill be crap.
Fact.
"period drama"
Unless they call it something other than Final Fantasy. Because it's not.
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> 'Twill be crap.
> Fact.

Why?
Sun 04/05/03 at 17:32
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
Final Fantasy isn't the sort of game that will be good to play online because there isn't any actual plot for it and correct me if I am wrong is it not for the Playstation2.
Bckpack
:>P
Sun 04/05/03 at 17:39
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It's for PC AND PS2. The interesting thing about the Beta signups in the U.S. recently is that it was stated in the 'necessary requirements' section that no Hard Disc Drive was necessary for any PS2 owners signing up.

Whether or not PS2 and PC gamers can go online and interact in the same environment I'm not sure, I'll have to do a bit of searching to find out or someone in the know could perhaps enlighten me.

Overall, though, online Final Fantasy, as has already been said, suffers one major drawback - lack of storyline. It's like any other MMORPG out there: kill stuff, get stuff, get in a group to kill bigger stuff to get better stuff. Ad infinitum. Final Fantasy without a storyline is like reading a book with the last 2 chapters torn out.

In this respect, Everquest Online Adventures for the PS2 looks a lot more interesting as a long term gaming prospect. Everything is quest based for both individual players and groups, and the game is more established with a proven track record over time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.