GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"64bit = 24bit"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/11/01 at 13:36
Regular
Did any one else feel that the N64 did'nt use the maxium power it had. One classic example is F-zero-x which did not use the full power of the machine.
And they made games to good ie perfect dark which required an expansion pack which costed £30.
So what I want to see is on the G-cube is games that uses the machine to it's best and not having to fork out more cash.
Wed 14/11/01 at 13:36
Regular
"I confused?"
Did any one else feel that the N64 did'nt use the maxium power it had. One classic example is F-zero-x which did not use the full power of the machine.
And they made games to good ie perfect dark which required an expansion pack which costed £30.
So what I want to see is on the G-cube is games that uses the machine to it's best and not having to fork out more cash.
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:25
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Dr. Nebster Crippen wrote:
> Did any one else feel that the N64 did'nt use the maxium power it had. One
> classic example is F-zero-x which did not use the full power of the machine.
>
And they made games to good ie perfect dark which required an expansion pack
> which costed £30.
So what I want to see is on the G-cube is games that
> uses the machine to it's best and not having to fork out more cash.

Perfect Dark uses the two vector units inside the N64, helping produce probably the most visually stunning N64 title to date. These two units took some time to learn how to use and were not implemented until the last few title of the N64's life cycle. F Zero was early and only used what people know what to do witht he machine at that time. This si a common thing with new technology and as with all consoles, it always takes time before you learn how to push it to the limit like PD!!
Wed 14/11/01 at 16:17
Regular
Hey, F-Zero used plenty of 64bit power.

It simply sacrificed graphics for fast paced speed an AI.

Racing against no less than 30 intelligent CPU controlled machines at speeds like that would not be found in another racing game.

Ofcourse, the almight Gamecube has power for the fast gameplay, plenty of AI racers AND wonderful visuals too.

It's a game I'm looking forward too.
Wed 14/11/01 at 17:12
Famitsu, the hugely popular Japanese videogame magazine in Japan has given each Japanese GameCube launch title, except one, a Gold Award. As you probably know these titles are Luigi's Mansion, Waverave Bluestorm, Super Monkey Ball and Pikman. Super Smash Bros Melee (which is due to be released soon) has just received the Platinum Award from the panel of reviewers.

I think this is a strong indication that the GameCube is being used near enough to its full potential, and also that there is better to come. As the GameCube is so easy to develop for, we are getting quality games already. Just think of all the crap PS2 titles that were released early on, due to the console being difficult to develop for.

I have a GameCube from Japan and I can honestly say you will not be disappointed at all. Everything about the console, controller and the games are spot on.
Thu 15/11/01 at 00:26
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Getting worried about the number of doctors around here...
Thu 15/11/01 at 00:33
Regular
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Getting worried about the number of doctors around here...

lol! Dr.Spangle is another one of my handles.
Thu 15/11/01 at 13:04
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
huh? Perfect Dark Did....It even Lagged (Jumped) even Lost a little bit of Frame rate cos it used up the power...also it needed the 25mb Expasion Pak.
Thu 15/11/01 at 14:38
Regular
"DS..."
25? don't u mean 4?
slik ~_~
Fri 16/11/01 at 13:01
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I think so...
Fri 16/11/01 at 21:09
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah, but PD only lags in co-op or counter op modes, cos you have all the info for 1 player, but it has to calculate all the stuff times 2 cos there are two players! It also may lag a bit in multiplayer with lots of sims and when explosives are being used, but I noticed that a lot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.