GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Premier 1"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/11/01 at 12:59
Regular
For anyone that doesn't know, Premier 1 is a new F1 series which starts in July 2002.

All the cars are going to be using the the same basic equipment. For anyone that wants to know, the engines are going to be V10 Judd and the chassis is made by Reynard. The idea is to have close racing as the only real difference in the cars will be the car setups.

Premier 1 will have unique colour schemes as the organisers have tried to get 24 of the top European clubs to lend their colours for the cars. Leeds and Benfica have signed up and it is expected that 5 more will have signed by the end of November. The clubs, however, pay nothing to participate but will recieve a share of television money and merchandising.

The format for these races will be similar to F1 racing with practise on Friday and qualifying on Saturday. The race will be 2 hours long and on Sunday. The cars will run on slick tyres and are expected to run at a similar speed to the current F1 cars.

There are 10 races planned for 2002

July 14 PORTUGAL (Estoril)
August 4 GERMANY (Lausitz road course)
August 11 FRANCE (Dijon)
August 25 GREAT BRITAIN (Donington Park)
September 8 HOLLAND (Zandvoort)
September 29 CZECH REPUBLIC (Brno)
October 6 ITALY (Misano)
October 20 SPAIN (Valencia)
November 3 ARGENTINA (Buenos Aires)
November 10 BRAZIL (Rio de Janeiro)

There is a £700,000 prize money up for grabs at each meeting.

For anyone who may be interested in going to one of these events, the organisers are trying to keep the ticket prices around £35, which is the price of a top European football match.

The organisers are trying to tempt Hill, Mansell and Herbert as some of the names to race these cars.

I am very interested and with prices that low, it is some that I'm considering.

Thanks for reading

Grandprix
Wed 14/11/01 at 12:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
For anyone that doesn't know, Premier 1 is a new F1 series which starts in July 2002.

All the cars are going to be using the the same basic equipment. For anyone that wants to know, the engines are going to be V10 Judd and the chassis is made by Reynard. The idea is to have close racing as the only real difference in the cars will be the car setups.

Premier 1 will have unique colour schemes as the organisers have tried to get 24 of the top European clubs to lend their colours for the cars. Leeds and Benfica have signed up and it is expected that 5 more will have signed by the end of November. The clubs, however, pay nothing to participate but will recieve a share of television money and merchandising.

The format for these races will be similar to F1 racing with practise on Friday and qualifying on Saturday. The race will be 2 hours long and on Sunday. The cars will run on slick tyres and are expected to run at a similar speed to the current F1 cars.

There are 10 races planned for 2002

July 14 PORTUGAL (Estoril)
August 4 GERMANY (Lausitz road course)
August 11 FRANCE (Dijon)
August 25 GREAT BRITAIN (Donington Park)
September 8 HOLLAND (Zandvoort)
September 29 CZECH REPUBLIC (Brno)
October 6 ITALY (Misano)
October 20 SPAIN (Valencia)
November 3 ARGENTINA (Buenos Aires)
November 10 BRAZIL (Rio de Janeiro)

There is a £700,000 prize money up for grabs at each meeting.

For anyone who may be interested in going to one of these events, the organisers are trying to keep the ticket prices around £35, which is the price of a top European football match.

The organisers are trying to tempt Hill, Mansell and Herbert as some of the names to race these cars.

I am very interested and with prices that low, it is some that I'm considering.

Thanks for reading

Grandprix
Wed 14/11/01 at 13:04
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Yeah, I'd heard about that. I don't know if it'll work to be honest. Formula One has a pretty huge fan base, but I can't see many of them forking out all that money twice to see Schumacher race, then go watch some has-beens /unknowns race around. I know that they're using the football thing, but I wouldn't feel any sort of connection with a car just cos it has my teams colours on it.

But then, knowing me, this'll be a huge success and I'll be the only one not interested!
Wed 14/11/01 at 13:10
Regular
I have heard about this series, but I think they will have to work hard to get it to take off.

For a start the races will need to be on weekends when there is no F1, or they will lose much of the possbile viewers straight away. Secodnly, advertising, or more specifically, how are they going to afford to run it.

I can't see where money will come in from. Money is going out to the winners, to the football teams etc, but where will it come in from, obviously the tracks will get some in from the ticket sales, but some of the tracks listed don't hold all that many people, and if ticket prices will be as low as predicted, then the revenue will not amount to much at all.

Also, why is this second series starting? Is it because of the relatively boring races in F1? If so, what will make this new series any more interesting?

Overtaking will be even less likely than in F1, as the chassis and engines will be exactly the same! The setups will differe slightly, but a lot more is different between the teams in F1, and look how little passing there is there.

I would like to see this new series do well, as it seems to be concentrating more on the racing than the money, which is good. If the prize is *only* £700,000 per race (compared to the several million to the winner of an F1 GP), then it looks like they have their priorities right.

We'll just have to wait and see how it goes....
Regular
I have heard about this series, but I think they will have to work hard to get it to take off.

For a start the races will need to be on weekends when there is no F1, or they will lose much of the possbile viewers straight away. Secodnly, advertising, or more specifically, how are they going to afford to run it.

I can't see where money will come in from. Money is going out to the winners, to the football teams etc, but where will it come in from, obviously the tracks will get some in from the ticket sales, but some of the tracks listed don't hold all that many people, and if ticket prices will be as low as predicted, then the revenue will not amount to much at all.

Also, why is this second series starting? Is it because of the relatively boring races in F1? If so, what will make this new series any more interesting?

Overtaking will be even less likely than in F1, as the chassis and engines will be exactly the same! The setups will differe slightly, but a lot more is different between the teams in F1, and look how little passing there is there.

I would like to see this new series do well, as it seems to be concentrating more on the racing than the money, which is good. If the prize is *only* £700,000 per race (compared to the several million to the winner of an F1 GP), then it looks like they have their priorities right.

We'll just have to wait and see how it goes....
Regular
Damn, sorry about the double post.
Wed 14/11/01 at 13:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Your Honour wrote:

For a start the races will need to be on weekends when there
> is no F1, or they will lose much of the possbile viewers straight away.

I've seen next years F1 calendar and found that only one date clashes with Premier 1 (29th September Czech GP and USA GP), but there shouldn't be a problem because of the time difference.

Overtaking will be
> even less likely than in F1, as the chassis and engines will be exactly the
> same! The setups will differe slightly, but a lot more is different between the
> teams in F1, and look how little passing there is there.

You could look at it two ways. It could look like there will be no overtaking because everything is the same but it also works the other way. Because everything is the same, the lead drivers will find it very difficult to pull away. And with the skill of the drivers hopefully being of high quality, they should be very close together.

We'll just have to wait and see how it
> goes....

I might go and see the UK event, just to have a look.
Wed 14/11/01 at 20:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
This sounds very interesting. With all cars having the same engines then it'll be up to the drivers, and hopefully it'll all be very close. Still, I'm not sure how it will be viewed by people, especially the big F1 bans.

We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.