GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Harry Potter Review"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/11/01 at 22:28
Regular
Myself, I thought the film was real good. The film had some really good jokes in it, and not all of them were taken straight from the book. A lot of the book was converted to the big screen, and the parts that werent were only done so as they would make the film unenjoyable coz it would drag on and make it longer than it already is. Despite it's 2hr30mins length, the film didn't seem to drag on or take ages. The first section of the film, before he finds out he's a wizard is very short compared to its length in the book, and it did seem to go by too quickly which wasn't very good.

The best actor/actress in my opinion was the gut who played Harry's friend, Ron. I thought he was extremely good and had funny facial expressions that couldn't be displayed in the book. The actor who played Harry, wasn't so good. He didn't seem in to his part at all. He also had accent that was semi - posh English, which didn't seem to fit his character at all. Robbie Coltrane also played Hagrid very well and had a good accent. Snape's part was "truly evil" and well played by Alan Rickman, but i dont think that his good acting was shown enough in the film, as he had quite a small part.

My two favourite scenes were the quidditch ( cant spell that ) scene and the scene when Hermione ( which I thought was pronounced differently until i saw the film ), Ron and Harry fight off a huge troll. The quidditch match was really well made and answered my question to what the game looked like, and the troll scene i thought was just really dunny

Overall a wicked film, not as good as the book, but still wicked

Rating: 9/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 13/11/01 at 22:28
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Myself, I thought the film was real good. The film had some really good jokes in it, and not all of them were taken straight from the book. A lot of the book was converted to the big screen, and the parts that werent were only done so as they would make the film unenjoyable coz it would drag on and make it longer than it already is. Despite it's 2hr30mins length, the film didn't seem to drag on or take ages. The first section of the film, before he finds out he's a wizard is very short compared to its length in the book, and it did seem to go by too quickly which wasn't very good.

The best actor/actress in my opinion was the gut who played Harry's friend, Ron. I thought he was extremely good and had funny facial expressions that couldn't be displayed in the book. The actor who played Harry, wasn't so good. He didn't seem in to his part at all. He also had accent that was semi - posh English, which didn't seem to fit his character at all. Robbie Coltrane also played Hagrid very well and had a good accent. Snape's part was "truly evil" and well played by Alan Rickman, but i dont think that his good acting was shown enough in the film, as he had quite a small part.

My two favourite scenes were the quidditch ( cant spell that ) scene and the scene when Hermione ( which I thought was pronounced differently until i saw the film ), Ron and Harry fight off a huge troll. The quidditch match was really well made and answered my question to what the game looked like, and the troll scene i thought was just really dunny

Overall a wicked film, not as good as the book, but still wicked

Rating: 9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.