GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vietcong is doing my nut in"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/05/03 at 18:41
Regular
Right I bought Vietcong the other day and after hours of endless gameplay I have come to a stalemate. I am faced with a very daunting and frustrating task of saving a P.O.W who is held captive by some Charlie’s, but every time I sneak down to the camp I manage to take out 2 of the gooks and then the worst thing happens! Yep you've guessed it the P.O.W gets shot and the mission is failed. So has anyone out there completed this level and could maybe give me some tips?
Mon 05/05/03 at 18:41
Regular
"I see you"
Right I bought Vietcong the other day and after hours of endless gameplay I have come to a stalemate. I am faced with a very daunting and frustrating task of saving a P.O.W who is held captive by some Charlie’s, but every time I sneak down to the camp I manage to take out 2 of the gooks and then the worst thing happens! Yep you've guessed it the P.O.W gets shot and the mission is failed. So has anyone out there completed this level and could maybe give me some tips?
Sat 17/05/03 at 20:29
Regular
You have to go down the right with your team members, creep down the hill preferably lying down toward the village. Move together, then signal bronson to blow the hut....in the distraction you chuck a grenade in the hut to the right of the P.O.W and then select heavy machine gun and unleash hell on all charlies.

Another way is putting in the weapons cheat and picking them off from a prone position with a sniper rifle. Once all seen gooks have been shot, steam in with your preffered rifle and clean up. Hint is to take out the gooks nearest to the P.O.W first with some real sweet sniping. This may take alot of tries but its the way i managed to complete it...the first way that is. But i also did it the second way just for fun.
Sun 18/05/03 at 11:43
Regular
"I see you"
It doesn't matter anymore, as i got really frustrated with it and exchanged it for Devastation.
Sun 18/05/03 at 12:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Too bad because the missions that follow that mission are some of the best I've played in any game. Defending a hilltop communication post from a massive VC attack, actually getting to drive a jeep round to a small fire base than defend it from mortar attacks, leading squads of troops up a hill in order to capture the ruins at the top and finally defending your base from a bloody huge attack by the enemy.

Four of my favourite missions that where not only tense but bloody exciting too, in fact I think I'll play through them again now.
Sun 18/05/03 at 13:15
Regular
"I see you"
cipro wrote:
> Too bad because the missions that follow that mission are some of the
> best I've played in any game. Defending a hilltop communication post
> from a massive VC attack, actually getting to drive a jeep round to a
> small fire base than defend it from mortar attacks, leading squads of
> troops up a hill in order to capture the ruins at the top and finally
> defending your base from a bloody huge attack by the enemy.
>
> Four of my favourite missions that where not only tense but bloody
> exciting too, in fact I think I'll play through them again now.

I only have two words to say M****R F****R
Mon 19/05/03 at 18:47
Regular
game soudns good but shame it isnt that popular online
Tue 20/05/03 at 09:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
One of the best single-player FPS out there, bar none.
Tue 20/05/03 at 11:42
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I think that this is next on my list. I will be Private Joker again, "is that you John Wayne, is this me?".
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Got it today. Shame I have to study but I'm sure I will be able to find some time for it later tonight.
Tue 20/05/03 at 16:18
Regular
"A man with a stick"
After completing it I'm left wanting more, hopefully the developers will push for a sequel or maybe even a mission pack.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.