GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vietcong is doing my nut in"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/05/03 at 18:41
Regular
Right I bought Vietcong the other day and after hours of endless gameplay I have come to a stalemate. I am faced with a very daunting and frustrating task of saving a P.O.W who is held captive by some Charlie’s, but every time I sneak down to the camp I manage to take out 2 of the gooks and then the worst thing happens! Yep you've guessed it the P.O.W gets shot and the mission is failed. So has anyone out there completed this level and could maybe give me some tips?
Sun 25/05/03 at 19:40
Regular
"I see you"
Kiriyama wrote:
> Still, you shouldnt've gotten rid of it.

I borrowed it from a mate of mine to have another go and managed to save the hostage but now the Radio Tower Level is getting on my nerves.
Sat 24/05/03 at 23:59
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Still, you shouldnt've gotten rid of it.
Fri 23/05/03 at 19:53
Regular
"I see you"
Kiriyama wrote:
> Silent Assassin wrote:
> It doesn't matter anymore, as i got really frustrated with it and
> exchanged it for Devastation.
>
> Devastation isn't as good as VC, no way.

Yeah i know but i just got p*ssed off with Vietcong!
Thu 22/05/03 at 07:55
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Silent Assassin wrote:
> It doesn't matter anymore, as i got really frustrated with it and
> exchanged it for Devastation.

Devastation isn't as good as VC, no way.
Wed 21/05/03 at 21:41
Regular
"I see you"
cipro wrote:
> I nearly drove the damn thing of
> the edge of a cliff.

I did drive off the edge of the cliff, i also got caught on the stumps at one of the bridges and had to restart the level.
Wed 21/05/03 at 15:41
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Worked that out. :-)

Just when I got in I thought "this tunnel seems very long for only 8 lights sticks."
So i guessed that I must be able to break one and carry it which of course dosn't work.

Then I seen the torch icon and wondered why it wasn't on, so I pressumed it had been shot out or was broke or needed a key to be pressed. Which is when I eventually got somewhere.

Probably wont get a chance to play till the weekend what with exams tomorrow and friday, but drinking time may make it next week.

Oh well
Wed 21/05/03 at 15:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's the L key.
Wed 21/05/03 at 15:21
Regular
Played it for a while last night, got down to the tunnel where you are in search for the MIA, but I didn't know how to turn on the torch so it took me a while of just going straight in the dark.
Kept thinking "this torch is crap" only to lean on the key to turn it on about half way through.

Enjoying this game.
Wed 21/05/03 at 10:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I liked the jeep bit, a nice distraction from the constant shooting, although there where a couple of time I nearly drove the damn thing of the edge of a cliff. Still, dsriving a jeep is nothing compared to manning the machine gun on the side of a Huey, great fun.
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:22
Regular
"I see you"
cipro wrote:
> After completing it I'm left wanting more, hopefully the developers
> will push for a sequel or maybe even a mission pack.

Because i missed out on it i borrowed my mates copy and finally rescued the prisoner. Now i'm on my way to help repel and attack of VC on one of my camps. Did anyone else find the Jeep a little to responsive to your controls?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.