GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" Video games and the morals that surround them.............."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/11/01 at 20:17
Regular
'What if the representation of violence in video games reduces the act to an experience designed to entertain?'
What are your comments on this statement?
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:02
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Thanks for defending me Ant though I can watch my own back. I was just posing the question to see people's reactions would be. I personally have a lot to say on the statement but I won't bore you now.
oh, and buy the way, I've been playing Videogames for LONG time and I'm no rookie. I've also just started a fresh ID at UKGames and have been reviewing for a while therefore am not a newbie.
Tue 13/11/01 at 20:56
Regular
"I like cheese"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Shutup.

Now that's horrible. You're doing exactly what Grix has been doing.

You're all so horrid to newbies. Horrid!!
Tue 13/11/01 at 20:24
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> 'What if the representation of violence in video games reduces the act to an
> experience designed to entertain?'
What are your comments on this
> statement?

Define 'act'. Is it referring to individual acts of violence being represented for entertainment or the action of playing video games as a form or entertainment?

Either way I'm all for it. Without the former, Jean Claude Van Damme would be out of a job, without the latter I'd be quite bored.
Tue 13/11/01 at 20:19
Regular
Shutup.
Tue 13/11/01 at 20:17
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
'What if the representation of violence in video games reduces the act to an experience designed to entertain?'
What are your comments on this statement?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.