GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The DIGIMEDIA Show at Olympia"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/11/01 at 19:12
Regular
Hi everyone and thanks for entering.

I arrived home a shirt while ago from The DigiMedia animation show in Olympia.
I was wondering if anyone went there. You see, I was there because I am studying to become a games developers one day, and hopefully…HAHA…the next Hideo Kojima.

Many great companies were there, but unfortunately no game development companies. Only the companies that developed the graphic packages that created your favourite games, attended the show. Exhibitors such as, ‘Discreet’ are responsible for most of your videogames, including “Metal Gear Solid 2”. Avid and NewTek also had a stand at the show.

It's going on for the next few days or so, in case any of you would like to visit it. If you subscribe online, you may still be able to get in for free, otherwise you end up being charged a 10er. Or even better, show your college ID if you are a student, even part-time counts, and flash this card in front of them for free admission.

This particular animation show was directed mainly, to the film industry.
In a couple of months however, sometime during January, there is going to be another and even better animation show, also being held in London. It’s got to be one of the best. I know that ‘Sigraph’ s the best show on Earth, and Onimusha: Warlords recently won an award for ‘Best CG Intro Sequence’. I am sure that developers, CAPCOM, Konami and Namco will be at the show, including many others.

Did anyone go to the DigiMedia show today, and would like to discuss it? And will anyone be visiting the upcoming show in January 2002. Trust me…it’s going to be massive.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 13/11/01 at 19:12
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Hi everyone and thanks for entering.

I arrived home a shirt while ago from The DigiMedia animation show in Olympia.
I was wondering if anyone went there. You see, I was there because I am studying to become a games developers one day, and hopefully…HAHA…the next Hideo Kojima.

Many great companies were there, but unfortunately no game development companies. Only the companies that developed the graphic packages that created your favourite games, attended the show. Exhibitors such as, ‘Discreet’ are responsible for most of your videogames, including “Metal Gear Solid 2”. Avid and NewTek also had a stand at the show.

It's going on for the next few days or so, in case any of you would like to visit it. If you subscribe online, you may still be able to get in for free, otherwise you end up being charged a 10er. Or even better, show your college ID if you are a student, even part-time counts, and flash this card in front of them for free admission.

This particular animation show was directed mainly, to the film industry.
In a couple of months however, sometime during January, there is going to be another and even better animation show, also being held in London. It’s got to be one of the best. I know that ‘Sigraph’ s the best show on Earth, and Onimusha: Warlords recently won an award for ‘Best CG Intro Sequence’. I am sure that developers, CAPCOM, Konami and Namco will be at the show, including many others.

Did anyone go to the DigiMedia show today, and would like to discuss it? And will anyone be visiting the upcoming show in January 2002. Trust me…it’s going to be massive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.