GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 2. Any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 2'.
Tue 06/05/03 at 19:01
Regular
Is Burnout 2 any good? is it worth buying? Any features please tell me. Cheers!
Fri 09/05/03 at 17:44
Regular
Tis very good, got it in the post yesterday.

Crash mode is just too much fun and scarily realistic.

Like most the music, though there's one dodgy techno tune on one of the tracks. But the light rock that speeds up when you get ya Burnout on is class.
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:53
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It's an incredible game, and for me it's got to be the PS2 version because of the FF wheel support, which makes it ten times more thrilling in my opinion.
Fri 09/05/03 at 10:26
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>what's the soundtrack like?

Its pretty good, and doesn't really seem to get old either. There are a nice selection of songs (btw, I`m talking about the PS2 version, and assuming the sound is the same), which are all fit nicely with the kind of game it is. Its a fast arcade racer, with the idea of being an adrenaline fueled game, and the music complements this nicely.

The music picks up and goes into full swing when you engage the boost, and then fades away again when you burnout, which obviously has been done a lot before (games like SSX and many others) but it really works well in Burnout 2.
Wed 07/05/03 at 07:51
Regular
"Party Hard"
Burnout 2 is very very very very very very good.

But I still sold it.

Heh.
Wed 07/05/03 at 01:03
Regular
The Xbox and Cube versions have had a graphical tarting up and have 12 extra crash junctions added.

I'm getting the Cube version on Friday, what's the soundtrack like?
Tue 06/05/03 at 20:04
"period drama"
Apparently the XB version has a load of extra stuff in it ... like more cars and tracks and stuff. And some special things.
So if you have a box, get it for that.
Tue 06/05/03 at 19:41
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Cheers guys! I'm probably going to stick with the GC version as I've already played it in depth. Sorry for the inconvenience Monkey_with_attitude. I'll order the GC version and hope it's as good as the US one.
Tue 06/05/03 at 19:26
Regular
From what I've heard, there's little or no difference graphically, so I guess the largest deciding factor is the familiarity of the controller. If you have been using a Dual Shock 2 for games like GT3 and other racers for a long time now, go for the PS2 version, but if you use a GC controller most of the time, then perhaps go for the GC version.
Tue 06/05/03 at 19:22
"Uzi Lover"
Hmmmm

I'm getting it on the GC, looking forward to it.

I remember playing Burnout on the PS2 and I noticed some problems with it, but that was the demo, so maybe it was because of that. The GC version I had was much smoother.

Check out IGN for some videos and reviews.
Tue 06/05/03 at 19:07
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I only played my Uncle's version and he took it back. He lives in America by the way, so I was wondering if it's better than worse than the Gamecube version. Burnout 2 on Gamecube was great fun!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.