GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA how was it for you?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/11/01 at 16:28
Regular
I've had and played the GBA and didn't like it that much. I have also noticed that in the Games shop that I go to there is alot of GBA games for sale.
I feel that the GBA was hyped too much and that Nintendo should of really concentrated on the Console rather than the advertising.
They have denied claims that they will bring out a back lit GBA and if you open up the casing on your GBA then you lose your warrenty and the lights you can buy are rubbish.
I feel that if Nintendo had but back lighting in the console then it would have been a better success.
Many games and game boys are changing hands at the moment and for very little money.
Is this the same in your area and what do you think about the game boy advance?
Tue 13/11/01 at 20:47
Regular
I just can't concentrate on anything else while I'm on the bog!

t_m have you played on WWF Road to WrestleMania? Is it out? Is it good?
Tue 13/11/01 at 20:01
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Lol I must admit playing Mario Kart on the crapper is definetly something
> everyone need's too experience, you don't just have red and green turtle shells,
> you also get turtle heads.

LOL turtle heads LOL
Tue 13/11/01 at 19:49
Regular
Lol I must admit playing Mario Kart on the crapper is definetly something everyone need's too experience, you don't just have red and green turtle shells, you also get turtle heads.
Tue 13/11/01 at 19:47
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> My GBA is hardly ever used, it's a good little machine, but the screen is far
> too shiny. Not really into the whole portable gaming scene anymore really, I
> would recommend it, but the price of games just extracts the urine.

I generally just play on my GBA while lying on my bed when i'm bored or watching something on TV. Or play it while i'm on the BOG! LOL!

:)
Tue 13/11/01 at 19:29
Regular
My GBA is hardly ever used, it's a good little machine, but the screen is far too shiny. Not really into the whole portable gaming scene anymore really, I would recommend it, but the price of games just extracts the urine.
Tue 13/11/01 at 19:21
Regular
"I confused?"
theres nothing wrong with my eyesight, it could of been that mine was bust. Iwas just wondering how popular they have been.
Tue 13/11/01 at 18:45
My GBA rules.

Mario Kart rules.

If it was back-lit, wouldn't it be bad for your eyesight?
Tue 13/11/01 at 18:34
You can't beat a GBA DOOM looks exactly like the PC one (DOOM95)
Street Fighter is more like the arcade version

WWF RTW the music sounds dead good especially on the rocks it sounds exactly like it.

The only problem i find is that the screen is too dark especially on GBC games on GBA
Tue 13/11/01 at 17:05
Regular
I think the GBA's great,

and
Yay, Cooky got a GBA!
Tue 13/11/01 at 16:57
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I got my GBA last week and I think it's GREAT!

I've had no need to buy on of those light things as i'm not blind and have found it easy enough to see the screen!

I'm just soo glad I bought it!

The only problem is that I really can't afford many games for it at the moment. So i'm just playing Mario Kart and Tetris DX on it! :(

Oh well, I still love it to bits!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.