GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh the pain! (Zelda related)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 15:29
Regular
Went out and bought Zelda for GC today. I know I didn't plan to, I was determined to wait till after my exams. But I just couldn't do it. So now I have it. And I haven't played it yet. The plan? To wait till after the exams. Can I do it? Probably not. Why I am writing like this? I don't know. I'll stop now.

Arghh! It's just sat there in the corner...staring at me...begging me to play it...leave me alone Link!

Decided to buy it today, as I like the thought of having the game in my possesion, especially as I simply HAD to have the limited edition copy (the SR mag says there's only 2000 copies of this - what's all that about?)

I hurt so bad...I want you Link!!!
Thu 08/05/03 at 13:52
Regular
Just to point out, Nintendo sold over 300,000 copies over the weekend - so they claim.

This figure probably includes the early sales from various retailers throughout the last week.
Wed 07/05/03 at 20:49
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Thanks for all the replies peeps (and also for clearing up the whole 2000 copies thing.)

Finally gave into temptation about an hour ago, but simply couldn't enjoy myself, knowing I've got loads of computing coursework to do, which has gotta be handed in tomorrow.

Still, haven't got into it much at yet (obviously), but the visuals really stand out...wouldn't exactly call it cel shading. Lighting/shadowing is awesome. Can't wait to get stuck in!

P.S. Hi Duck. Indeed long time no see. Been too busy messin around with cars, girls and the like to get on here! Still, nice to pop along now and again to see how much further the forum has degraded, what with my absence. ;)
Wed 07/05/03 at 20:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Pretty much the same for the OTT main disc. Master Quest has more nasty baddies earlier on.....and NGC seem to think that in some places its messed it up a tiny bit.

But you get both, so thats cool.
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:00
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Does it look or play any better than the N64 version of it?

(Both original OOT and / or Master Quest)
Wed 07/05/03 at 18:58
Regular
I pitty the fool who doesn't get one...

Hello UA. Long time.
Wed 07/05/03 at 18:51
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Indeed, SR will have 2,000. The UK will have many more thousands.
Wed 07/05/03 at 18:49
Regular
Maybee SR only have 2,000 limited edition copies
Wed 07/05/03 at 16:56
Regular
"DS..."
ye I was a bit puzzled about the 2000 copies thing as i know it's limited but im sure that zelda has sold a lot more than 2000 in europe in its first few days of release surely, unless SR mean that they have only 2000 copies, if anyone knows it would be most appreciated if this was cleared up.

slik ~_~
Wed 07/05/03 at 16:13
Regular
Mr. Tribbers wrote:
> Play it.
>
> It is more important than any exam.

amen
Wed 07/05/03 at 15:44
Regular
"Festivus!"
Play it.

It is more important than any exam.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.