GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ghost Recon?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ghost Recon'.
Wed 07/05/03 at 17:24
Regular
I own the PC version of Ghost Recon but I am unsure of how the Xbox version compares. I have read many different reviews for the game which argue that the Xbox version is better but then there are others which say it is worse. I will be getting Live when I can get the money so that can be taken into consideration. Any general information would be appreciated, thanks.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:14
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Alias wrote:
> u guys r unlucky though u dont get socom

I don't know alot about it, but i've heard it described as a "poor mans ghost recon" by a few people, and i've also heard that its online is filled with bugs and cheaters.

Is it any good?
Sat 10/05/03 at 19:53
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
You and me both, the books kick too. id get the xbox version its better than the pc 1. u guys r unlucky though u dont get socom thats gunna beat all of the special ops games coz of the usb and the fact that its amazin. but get the xbox version it kicks.

Star Fury wrote:
> And Raven Shield is coming soon also :)
>
> Rainbow Six games totally rule, they were the first decent special ops
> games ever !
Thu 08/05/03 at 23:17
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Tom Clancy games don't ingauge me. Online is different with anygame, but single player I think they are dull.
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:35
Regular
nyaaghghsghgh

Tom Clancy must die.

I despise Rainbow Six games

*stab stab stab*

Of course this has no relevance to your topic so I'll leave now.
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:19
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
And Raven Shield is coming soon also :)

Rainbow Six games totally rule, they were the first decent special ops games ever !
Wed 07/05/03 at 20:20
Regular
Onlien play will be a factor but its the Single Player campaign I want it for. Its not a waste because I aren't happy playing it on PC because of my own preferences but the Xbox version looks right up my street. I have a LONG summer ahead and I will need lots to keep me entertained.
Wed 07/05/03 at 20:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
If you've got Ghost Recon already, isn't that a bit of a waste?

Get Xbox RTCW, and them come back and say how the online play is the best thing ever.
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:56
Regular
Cheers Star Fury I will try it on the Xbox and see what I think. I like Special Ops games and I enjoyed the PC version so I will go ahead and get the Xbox version. Thanks once again.
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:15
Regular
"8==="
19.99 brand new? thats unbelievable!
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:11
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I find Ghost Recon more playable on the Xbox than I did on the PC. For starters the graphics are better anyway, the AI has been refined and you have random enemy placements on the one player levels instead of the set ones on the PC which adds to replay no end. Also there is the Xbox Live element to it.

Thunder Island will be out this year also which will expand the range of game types, add new single player levels and tons of Live stuff to the game.

Using a controller instead of keyboard/mouse never bothered me and it feels more intuitive, in my opinon, with the controller.

The only thing I don't like is that the map screen on the PC was in real time overlaid on the players screen, i.e. the game did not pause whilst you figured out what to do. On the Xbox the game does pause when you access the map which, for me, breaks the "you're elite special ops, do the mission, get out" feel of the game. It can be like, advace, pause for map, shoot, advance, pause for map e.t.c.

It's a good game though, and a certain GAME shop were doing it 19.99 a week back, and Virgin do it half price with a Live starter kit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.