GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"People who've used EBAY, a quick word?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 17:42
Regular
How does it work?
To bid do I need to be a member?
What are member’s requirements? (10 buys a years ect)
Is it reliable?
Wed 07/05/03 at 23:19
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Ebay sent me broke!
Its fantastic - you can actually buy used MIG fighters!!!
However most of my cash went on obscure american vinyl!!!
Always found it reliable.
Bought stuff from Oz, USA, Italy, Holland, Germany and even Wales with no trouble at all!!-sold stuff too!

c58
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:34
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Star Fury wrote:
> But if you do have a debit/credit card then it's best to sign up for
> Paypal with it. That way you are safer buying expensive items and
> benefit from Paypal's own protection policies.
>
> One other thing, learn how to bidsnipe :) This is where you don't bid
> on the item you want until the closing seconds of the auction and you
> enter the maximum amount you want to bid, this way no other bidder has
> time to bid against you (if you bid was high enough in the first
> place, obviously).

I hat ethat tactic.

I lost a set of videos to someone who did that. I would have bidded against em but thanks to slowww refresh i lost.
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:32
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Bckpac wrote:
> You get feedback alot and if you get too much bad feedback then you
> get banned, the feedback system sucks because I got banned because I
> was selling an N64 steering wheel controller and it took the damn
> thing 2weeks to get to Isle of Man and some woman gave me feedback for
> it being too late and I got banned.
> Bckpac
> :>P

Well thats your own stupid fault.
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:16
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
READ THE BLOODY FAQ!!!!!!!!!!

FAQQQQQQQIN HELL
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Ebay rules :) i use it for buying earth and beyond credits and stuff.

You need to be a member but its free to join. You should also join paypal (very very secure payment system)

www.paypal.com

note- you need to get your credit card statement befor eyou can start using paypal so don't expect it to work any time soon :)
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:38
Regular
Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> How does it work?
> To bid do I need to be a member?
> What are member’s requirements? (10 buys a years ect)
> Is it reliable?

Ebay is an aution site. The seller puts a start price on their item and you put in your maximum bid you're willing to pay. Then ebay does the rest until the time runs out. If you've won the auction ebay will e-mail you. Same with if you've been outbid.
OR some auctions have the "buy it now" thingy on it. Click that and you automatically win the auction cancelling out everyone elses bids.
There are loads of ways to pay, from personal checks, postal orders, wire transfers to (my fav) PayPal (www.paypal.com)(They even accept solo!)

You need to be member to bid (Obviously) To register you need to be 18, have a proper ISP e-mail addy or a valid credit card if you're going to use hotmail.

No 'requirements'. You can register and just buy the one thing if you want. Thing is its addictive. Trust me.

It is reliable as long as you checkout who you're buying from and you don't dick people around. You can do that by looking at the seller/bidder's feedback. (Click the little number next to their username)
Wed 07/05/03 at 18:58
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
You get feedback alot and if you get too much bad feedback then you get banned, the feedback system sucks because I got banned because I was selling an N64 steering wheel controller and it took the damn thing 2weeks to get to Isle of Man and some woman gave me feedback for it being too late and I got banned.
Bckpac
:>P
Wed 07/05/03 at 18:54
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
But if you do have a debit/credit card then it's best to sign up for Paypal with it. That way you are safer buying expensive items and benefit from Paypal's own protection policies.

One other thing, learn how to bidsnipe :) This is where you don't bid on the item you want until the closing seconds of the auction and you enter the maximum amount you want to bid, this way no other bidder has time to bid against you (if you bid was high enough in the first place, obviously).
Wed 07/05/03 at 18:50
Regular
You don't have to pay the transaction over the internet though.

You can just do it privately.
Wed 07/05/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's FREE for a membership although make sure you're over 18 or you could have problems.

To sell though you need to have a valid credit card to pay the 15p odd charge.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.