GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lyrically challenged"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/11/01 at 21:25
Regular
There are some songs, which when you listen to them you here something different from other people.
Like Billy Joel's song in the middle of the night, I used to think (until I saw him on that Top Of The Pops 2 special) that it was called in the middle of the nile.
Or The Beautiful South's Perfect 10, there is a line in that which goes "I love her body especially the ________"
missing word = lines or lies.
I could have looked that up on one of the song lyrics web sites but sometimes they seem to be unreliable as well. For example I set a question on the build your own quiz topic to do with the opening lines of Blur's Song 2:
"I got my head _________, by a jumbo jet........"
The missing word as I heard it was checked, but as people have replied it is shaved. I checked the song words on the inside of my best of Blur album and it says it is checked and the song word sites say it is shaved.
Does anyone know which wording is correct?

(I have never bothered looking up the words to Snow's Informer because I probably wouldn't be able to follow it even with the words)
Mon 12/11/01 at 21:25
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
There are some songs, which when you listen to them you here something different from other people.
Like Billy Joel's song in the middle of the night, I used to think (until I saw him on that Top Of The Pops 2 special) that it was called in the middle of the nile.
Or The Beautiful South's Perfect 10, there is a line in that which goes "I love her body especially the ________"
missing word = lines or lies.
I could have looked that up on one of the song lyrics web sites but sometimes they seem to be unreliable as well. For example I set a question on the build your own quiz topic to do with the opening lines of Blur's Song 2:
"I got my head _________, by a jumbo jet........"
The missing word as I heard it was checked, but as people have replied it is shaved. I checked the song words on the inside of my best of Blur album and it says it is checked and the song word sites say it is shaved.
Does anyone know which wording is correct?

(I have never bothered looking up the words to Snow's Informer because I probably wouldn't be able to follow it even with the words)
Tue 13/11/01 at 10:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"I got my head shaved...by a jumbo jet...it wasn't easy...but nothing is..no...WOO-HOO!"
Tue 13/11/01 at 11:45
Regular
"I love Dave music"
According to KissThisGuy.com three people have got this lyric wrong, all of them say that the real lyric is "I got my head checked, by a jumbo jet". I don't know whether this makes this line correct, what was more worrying was what they THOUGHT it was:

I got my head shaved, by a spam addict

I got my head shaved, by a machete

I got my head shaved, by a trombone chain
I wasn't queasy, but I never is

Oh well, suppose you gotta give it to them for owning up!
Tue 13/11/01 at 11:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I got my head shaved
By a Jumbo Jet
It wasn't easy
But nothing is
No

Well I feel heavy-metal
And I'm pins and I'm needles
Well I lie and I'm easy
All of the time
But I'm never sure why I need you
Pleased to meet you

I got my head down
When I was young
It's not my problem
It's not my problem

Well I feel heavy-metal
And I'm pins and I'm needles
Well I lie and I'm easy
All of the time
But I'm never sure why I need you
Pleased to meet you
Tue 13/11/01 at 12:54
"High polygon count"
Here's one that gets me...

Alanis Morissette - the track "Are You Still Mad" from the album "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie".

The first verse...

"Are you still mad that I kicked you outta bed.
Are you still mad that I gave you ultimatums."

The way she sings "ultimatums" sounds like "old tomatoes" (pronounced "tomaytoes", as Americans/Canadians do).

It's true I tells ya!
Tue 13/11/01 at 16:35
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Well, she can't help being a FREAK, can she?

:)
Tue 13/11/01 at 21:35
Regular
For that Blur song, I think that it's checked, it doesn't sound anything like shaved!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.