GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games you would like to see on PS2 (Any Civilized Genre You Like)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/08/00 at 19:17
Regular
I am more of an X-Game fan, so I would like to see Tony Hawks 2, Dave Mirra BMX, some in line blading game, and snowboarding all in one, you probably won't fit that much information on one CD, but put it on two CD's

SUMMER X GAMES (CD1):

Skateboarding
BMX Freestyle
Rollerblading
ETC...

WINTER X GAMES (CD2):
Snowboarding
Big Air
Snow Mobile Racing.
ETC...

I know there have been a few attempts at this but, but the whole compotion would be a lot more electrifying

If you like your PS2 'warm' this is the game for you.

me-myself+i
Sat 26/08/00 at 22:20
Yeah, I like my PC UnrealTournament, I wouldn't trade for anything else, not even Dues Ex, although Deus Ex has a story line, I just like blasting people away with my redeemer, and chopping people up with the chainsaw. I wonder if you can update PS2's version of Unreal Tournament with downloadable skins?...But with the input of home cinema you can tell when people are behind you, or to the side just by listening to where the loudest gunshot is coming from...Played Syphon FIlter 2, Death Match and all, don't think it was very good though, simply because I sucked at it....

M M+I
Sat 26/08/00 at 17:09
Regular
I love first person shooters, but Unreal Tournament was true 3d (people above and below you at all times.) This would be hard to control on the PS2 I think. If it was more flat (like Perfect Dark, Goldeneye) it would be easier. I think I will stick with my mouse though...
Sat 26/08/00 at 16:47
How yah doing, Unreal Tournament looks brilliant!!!!I'm looking forward to playing it on PS2(I love First person too).I've got,Medal of honor,Turok rage wars and Goldeneye and stuff like Doom.
As for MGS and SF2 being boring, well I'd say don't buy them as you've obviously played them (you sated they were boring) but for those who havn't tried these games, buy a copy of each.They've got all the action any game could muster, great characters, big guns, lots of sneaky action, SF2 has a great 2 player death match,and great story lines.I can't choose between them, but I would say(if pushed)I enjoyed SF2 the best as It had more action in it, as well as the use of the old grey matter being used.ARTY
Fri 25/08/00 at 22:02
Nah, im not interested in ROMs and megadrive, im thinking of graphics from Dave Mirra ( the miracle man, WAHOOOO) BMX Freestyle, Tony Hawks Pro Skater, and errr, what it is, oh yeah ESPN snowboarding. These are really good games, If you have the chance to try them some time, take the oppotunity, if you like California games, you'll love this.

M M+I
Fri 25/08/00 at 20:50
Regular
Calafornia games was a old game (last released on megadrive, first released on Commodore 64) that you played different games in, and the person at the end with the most points won. It was an eight player game, way ahead of its time in multiplayer. It had games like hape pipe skateboarding, foot bag (keeping a ball in the air for a long time, better than it sounds) surfing, and bmxing. Not available to buy anymore, but find a decent emulator and the rom, and you can play it. (Don't give me a hard time about piracy, the game is decades old, not being sold anymore, and anyway, avid followers of my works will have seen I have learnt my leason about piracy...)
Fri 25/08/00 at 20:31
Grix_Thraves wrote:
> M,M, and I, are you thinking of an upgraded Calafornia Games type
> game? I personnally would love to see that game again, with all
> new stuff like you said. Great for multiplayer. By the way, Ant,
> does the Wild Wild racing have anything to do with the god awful
> film of a simular name?

> Never heard of California Games, is it any good, if there is any links to the game post em for me...Thanks

M,M+I
Fri 25/08/00 at 17:26
Regular
Sorry, not Ant, Arty. Got the names mixed up.
Fri 25/08/00 at 17:25
Regular
M,M, and I, are you thinking of an upgraded Calafornia Games type game? I personnally would love to see that game again, with all new stuff like you said. Great for multiplayer. By the way, Ant, does the Wild Wild racing have anything to do with the god awful film of a simular name?
Fri 25/08/00 at 04:41
What is it you like so much about MGS ARTY, no offence but I find that game as boring as syphon fil 1 + 2, I'm more of a first person 3D shooter myself, I play UnrealTournament, stuff like that, any note down a few of it's good points and I may change my mind

M M + I
Sun 20/08/00 at 12:13
I'm, looking forward to dispelling this theory of, all the games for the PS2 only being sequels.I'm only really interested in the games for a console, and not it's internal workings, as I feel this is what gameing is really about!!!! So here are some of the games I'm looking forward to playing.
MOST WANTED
1 MGS 2 Sons of liberty.I can't wait to play this, the second helping of, the most fantastic game ever!!!!!
2 THE DREAMLAND CHRONICLES.This looks, and I reckon will be one of the top games released on PS2.
3 THE GETAWAY.An absolutely brilliant white knuckle ride of a law breaking game.
4 THE BOUNCER.Seen the video, this looks Megga!!!!!!
5 ONIMUSHA(Devil Warrior).RE meets Tenchu, fantastic smelting of two of the best PSX game genres.
6 SMUGGLER'S RUN.Set to be a real dust-up with the law.
Well there you have it, my most wanted so far, but here are some others that will be coming to a PS2 nere you from 24/11/2000.
7 Midnight club street racing.
8 Motor mayhem.
9 Knockout kings 2001.
10 Top gun.
11 TVDJ.
12 Hresvelgr.
13 Wipeout Fusion.
14 Robocop.
15 Zoe.
16 Rayman 2.
17 Tiger Woods 2001.
18 Gunslinger.
19 Sky surfer.
20 Stepping Selction.
21 Unreal Tournamet.
22 Wild wild racing.
23 Gran tourismo 2000.
24 Titanium angles.
25 Driving emotion Type s.
26 Extermination.
27 Dark cloud.
28 Eternal ring.
29 Primal image.
30 Billiards master.
31 Fantavision.
32 Tekken tag.
33 Timesplitters.
34 Drakan.
35 Dropship.
36 Fifa World champ.
37 Dead or alive.
38 RR 5.
39 Madden 2001.
40 Snowboard supercross.
41 Drum mania.
42 ISS 2000.
43 Formula high power.
44 Armoured core 2.
45 Kessen.
46 Star wars starfighter
Well, thats 46 games, and there will be plenty more, rest assured!!!!!!!ARTY

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.