GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Armageddon DVD CERT 15"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/11/01 at 18:07
Regular
“FOR LOVE”
“FOR HONOUR”
“FOR MANKIND”

The team that produced “The Rock” brings to us once again, a massive blockbuster title on DVD. “Armageddon”, the biggest movie of the year, stars the incredible performance of ‘Bruce Willis’, including Academy Award winners ‘Ben Aleck’ and ‘Billy Bob Thornton’.

The story commences as NASA’s team of scientists encounter a meteor shower heading for Earth. Dan Truman, NASA’s executive director, realizes the Earth has only eighteen days before impact with a rock, approximately the size of Texas.
Only one solution can prevent this from taking place. NASA decides to land a team of roughneck oil drillers on the asteroid and dropping a nuclear warhead into its core.

The DVD’s screen format is 2.35:1 widescreen, and is presented in full Dolby Surround sound. Unfortunately though, there are no extra features like ‘The Making Of ’ or ‘Deleted Scenes’. It’s also quite a disappointment having not found any extra footage of the soundtrack being composed for the film. The spectacular talent of Trevor Rabin composed the score for Armageddon, (“Con Air”, “Wolf”, “Enemy Of The State” and many more).

The music score for Armageddon is truly fascinating. From the moment you hear that intro theme, accompanied with a fly-by around the moon, you really feel as though you are being pulled into the movie. The story of Armageddon, along with its music score is extremely emotional and will make you want to watch it over and over again. The minute I heard the soundtrack, I just knew I had to have it. It really is that incredible.

Armageddon will have you on the edge of your seat. It brings a vast amount of special effects and superb acting, giving it a luxurious name in the charts. Explore what it’s like to travel through space, as you go to save the world with Bruce Willis and his crew.

This movie is about love, honour, and mankind; a beautiful story that throws in action and romance in many ways. It’s a great family movie that everyone will undoubtedly enjoy.

“The bible calls this day…Armageddon”.
Mon 12/11/01 at 18:07
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
“FOR LOVE”
“FOR HONOUR”
“FOR MANKIND”

The team that produced “The Rock” brings to us once again, a massive blockbuster title on DVD. “Armageddon”, the biggest movie of the year, stars the incredible performance of ‘Bruce Willis’, including Academy Award winners ‘Ben Aleck’ and ‘Billy Bob Thornton’.

The story commences as NASA’s team of scientists encounter a meteor shower heading for Earth. Dan Truman, NASA’s executive director, realizes the Earth has only eighteen days before impact with a rock, approximately the size of Texas.
Only one solution can prevent this from taking place. NASA decides to land a team of roughneck oil drillers on the asteroid and dropping a nuclear warhead into its core.

The DVD’s screen format is 2.35:1 widescreen, and is presented in full Dolby Surround sound. Unfortunately though, there are no extra features like ‘The Making Of ’ or ‘Deleted Scenes’. It’s also quite a disappointment having not found any extra footage of the soundtrack being composed for the film. The spectacular talent of Trevor Rabin composed the score for Armageddon, (“Con Air”, “Wolf”, “Enemy Of The State” and many more).

The music score for Armageddon is truly fascinating. From the moment you hear that intro theme, accompanied with a fly-by around the moon, you really feel as though you are being pulled into the movie. The story of Armageddon, along with its music score is extremely emotional and will make you want to watch it over and over again. The minute I heard the soundtrack, I just knew I had to have it. It really is that incredible.

Armageddon will have you on the edge of your seat. It brings a vast amount of special effects and superb acting, giving it a luxurious name in the charts. Explore what it’s like to travel through space, as you go to save the world with Bruce Willis and his crew.

This movie is about love, honour, and mankind; a beautiful story that throws in action and romance in many ways. It’s a great family movie that everyone will undoubtedly enjoy.

“The bible calls this day…Armageddon”.
Mon 12/11/01 at 18:26
Regular
Reviews section. Please come again!
Mon 12/11/01 at 18:34
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
First off I'd like to say that I do like Armageddon.

Secondly I'd like to point one thing out that you missed and that is how corny it is. Armageddon is THE most corny film in the history of mankind. And although, the music is good, again it is the most corny soundtrack in the history of mankind.

I wouldn't exactly say that Bruce Willis's performance was incredible, more like alright.

And one more thing, you can get a double disc version of Armageddon now with deleted scenes, Aerosmith music video, commentary and a whole load of other extras. AND I HAVE IT!!!! It's also the directors cut off the film with extra scenes in (apparently) although when I watched it I missed the scene with Bruce saying goodbye to his father (which apparently should have been in there). I was tired mind you, and I was dosing off, waking up, dosing off, waking up. So I missed quite a lot of it. And as a result, saaw nothing I hadn't seen before. :-D
Tue 13/11/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Well, I am happy to hear that you own part of Armageddon The_Vottanator, and may I add that you may be right in some points. But you fail to mention how powerful this film really is. I mean, remember the part when all 14 souls were walking together? That is what makes this movie so grand. It makes you wish you were there, dreaming of being the hreo. I always wanted to go into space, films like this, not to mention Apollo 13 and Star Wars; these films truly make your fantasies come to life.

Remember...as George Lucas has mentioned..."Your not watching the scenery, your not watching the action...but your are actually listening to the music".

Even as a Star Wars fan, I agree to what George Lucas says, and this is not even his film.

No other film's soundtrack pulls you into the sotryline as much as the one in Armageddon.
Tue 13/11/01 at 18:45
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
ugh ugh ugh.....
I cannot believe someone just justified Amrmageddon's existence!

The film got off to a bad start when they previewed it at Cannes. I mean was that stupid or was that stupid? Showing a film like that alongside works by the Coen Brothers at al. People laughed at it during this preview. The corn level just proved too much for those seasoned movie hacks. Bruce Willis was reported to have said 'I'm glad you all find the end of the world so funny'. It obvioculy had a profound effect on the guy though, look at his subsequent work, 'intellectual' films like the Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.

Armageddon was pants. But as corniness goes it was a cinematic classic.
Tue 13/11/01 at 21:42
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Son Of Liberty wrote:
> Well, I am happy to hear that you own part of Armageddon The_Vottanator

Part? How can you own part of a DVD? :-D

I mean, remember the part when all 14 souls were walking
> together? That is what makes this movie so grand.

No, that is what makes this movie so corny. The only other films that come close to Armageddon's corniness is Pearl Harbor (another Michael Bay film what a surprise) and perhaps Men of Honour. I've not seen that but the trailer was corny enough and just to prove how corny the soundtrack in Armageddon is, they used it in the trailer for Men of Honour.

Top 5 corny lines ever, that I can think of.

"Do you swear on your daughters life that you will make that mark?"

"I will make 800ft!"

"Then let's turn this bomb off."

*music rises*

-------

"Permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever known."

-------

Men of Honour:

"Divin' is the most dangerous job in the navy. If it's lost, he finds it, if it's sunk, he brings it up. And if he is lucky he will die young at 200ft and that is the closest he will ever get to being a heeeeero"

-------

Men of Honour again:

*Armageddon music plays*

"It's game over if you hit that water!!!"

"Yes sir" *salutes*

*jumps in*

-------

Pearl Harbor:

"Sir we can explain"

"Explain what? The hallo-ha shirts you were wearing?......Or the seven Jap planes you shot down?"

*music rises, spine cracks*

------

And just 10 minutes ago actually, my dad is watching the Fan and I just saw a bit of it (I've seen it before) where Wesley Snipes keep missing the ball. Then you know what is about to happen as the music starts to play very softly. Then slow motion as Snipes strikes the ball and the music starts louder. He runs in slow motion and you get that tingling up your spine.

The same thing happens in one of the Metal Gear Solid 2 videos and judging by your name, you've probably seen it.

"When you give in to the fear, the darkness comes"

*steps forward, music starts* "then he's all mine"

-------

"It's been a long wait Solid Snake"

"I didn't kill your father"

-------

And then the ultimate. Metal Gear jumps off the ship, it shows you Snake running in slow motion and jumping after it with a mightily corny "HHHMMMMPPPPHHHH!!" and then more slow motion as it shows you him falling.

That game is going to be mental. A film and a game in one. It doesn't get any better.
Tue 13/11/01 at 21:45
Regular
God I hated Armageddon. I nearly walked out of the Cinema it really was a load of pap.
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:24
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
I appreciate what you are saying and I only have one word to describe all that you have mentioned, and that word is...EMOTIONAL.

They make these films and games very, very emotional, Why? Because they want you to feel as though you are inside the story, and make you buy the album/soundtrack score and other memorabillia.

p.s. I mean part of Armageddon as in...you have something of the film, meaning the DVD.
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:50
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
But you must also say it is corny.

Nobody can deny Armageddon being incredibly corny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.