GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart IS Online..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/05/03 at 11:41
Regular
...if you have a PC, a broadband line, and a copy of some XBOX PC software...let me explain....

Some of you may allready know this, but it is possible to Play Mario Kart GC online. You see, before the days of XBOX Live people wanted a way to play Halo on the net. A company named Gamespy who you may have heard of, released a program named the 'XBOX Portal'. It emulated 'XBOX System Link' - A.K.A. Lan play. You could then choose a lan game, with an ethanet cable from your box to your PC, and choose a game online to play through the Gamespy XBOX Portal software.

Worked a treat! Played Halo online myself, months before I got XBOX Live (and Halo 1 unlike Halo 2 isnt even meant to be played online full stop)

Now, if the GC Mario Kart can play LAN games via a broadband adapter, why won't it work with the exact same peice of software? Awnser is it will. So when Mario Kart pops through my door, perhaps I will see you online.

If you have broadband, a cube, a PC, and a GC broadband adapter as well as the obvious Mario Kart game that is...

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/tunnel/ for the software (You will need a free Gamespy ID too - mines MattUK ;)

Don't tuant me if you allready knew this - just spraeding the word for those who don't
Sun 11/05/03 at 20:39
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
thing is it's one person PER kart even though there is two people on it. You control both
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
thing is it's one person PER kart even though there is two people on it. Your control both
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
thing is it's one person PER kart even though there is two people on it. Your control both
Sun 11/05/03 at 16:22
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
§niper wrote:
> Even with 4 people it'll be class.

You can't prove anything.
Sun 11/05/03 at 11:41
Regular
"keep your receipt"
because if you had 16 players going through one GameCube and TV the game would be jerky as hell and each character's screen about the size of a matchbox. füol.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:02
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
8 player will do me fine!
Sat 10/05/03 at 21:09
Regular
"everyone says it"
I'd win.
Sat 10/05/03 at 20:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Interesting. Shame i will probably never get broadband.
Sat 10/05/03 at 19:15
Regular
I'm a mong.
Sat 10/05/03 at 19:11
Regular
Clever stuff TGMbloke.

Not even I would of thought of that, even though I used to play Halo online.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.