GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stoopid?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/05/03 at 21:26
Regular
I was in Computer Exchange in Leeds today and whilst I was queueing a woman was buying a copy of Vice City.

Shop Assistant: Who is this game for?

Woman: My son

Shop Assistant:I can't sell you this then

Woman: Why not?

Shop Assistant: It isn't allowed, he isn't 18

Woman: It is up to me what my son plays

Shop Assistant: I am not going to serve you

Woman: **** it, I'll go to game then

Shop Assistant: Next, please.

Firstly, I didn't think it was illegal to buy a game for someone underage. Why did the shopkeeper even ask her, if he hadn't he could have assumed it was for her and made some money. Fool.

So, who do you agree with, the woman or the dumb spaz-head of a shop keeper? I think my stance is clear!
Sat 10/05/03 at 21:26
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I was in Computer Exchange in Leeds today and whilst I was queueing a woman was buying a copy of Vice City.

Shop Assistant: Who is this game for?

Woman: My son

Shop Assistant:I can't sell you this then

Woman: Why not?

Shop Assistant: It isn't allowed, he isn't 18

Woman: It is up to me what my son plays

Shop Assistant: I am not going to serve you

Woman: **** it, I'll go to game then

Shop Assistant: Next, please.

Firstly, I didn't think it was illegal to buy a game for someone underage. Why did the shopkeeper even ask her, if he hadn't he could have assumed it was for her and made some money. Fool.

So, who do you agree with, the woman or the dumb spaz-head of a shop keeper? I think my stance is clear!
Sat 10/05/03 at 21:27
"slightlyshortertagl"
heh, he's stoopid
Sat 10/05/03 at 21:32
Regular
When I worked in Game I was advised to warn parents it is an 18 rated game, and to advise them on its content, however providing the buyer was over 18, and wasn't buying it for some random kid who asked them to because they're underage, then it was fine to sell it to them.
Sat 10/05/03 at 21:38
Regular
"Hmmm....."
When I worked for McDonalds, I wasnt allowed to serve over 18's, with the tomato ketchup dip, who were asked by random younger people.

The amount of times my manager saw young people being served with Tomato ketchup dip whilst going through a drive-through in disguise was disgraceful, as he says.

I got promoted to 3 stars when I rightfully sent little kids to the back of the queue when they asked for the dip.

Tsk tsk, when will they ever learn.
Sat 10/05/03 at 21:46
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Both Vice City and The Getaway are hard games to sell when it comes to content, as parents buy them for kids, then come back complaining about there content and demanding a refund.

The amount of kids playing vice city is scary, parents just don't seem to care what there kids play just as long as it shuts them up.
Sat 10/05/03 at 22:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
She's also stupid.

She could've said her son was over 18.
Sat 10/05/03 at 22:36
Regular
"Festivus!"
aha.

Yes she could've.

GTA1 was good.

GTA3 was great.

VC was oerarted.

unfortunately children saw guns and got excited.
Sat 10/05/03 at 22:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Clearly her son was with her.
Otherwise the ass!istant wouldn'y have known he wasn't over 18.
THINK ABOUT IT.
Sat 10/05/03 at 22:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Mr. Kyle, was her son with her?
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
she was, you know it!
otherwise: jIbEriWish!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.