GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stoopid?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/05/03 at 21:26
Regular
I was in Computer Exchange in Leeds today and whilst I was queueing a woman was buying a copy of Vice City.

Shop Assistant: Who is this game for?

Woman: My son

Shop Assistant:I can't sell you this then

Woman: Why not?

Shop Assistant: It isn't allowed, he isn't 18

Woman: It is up to me what my son plays

Shop Assistant: I am not going to serve you

Woman: **** it, I'll go to game then

Shop Assistant: Next, please.

Firstly, I didn't think it was illegal to buy a game for someone underage. Why did the shopkeeper even ask her, if he hadn't he could have assumed it was for her and made some money. Fool.

So, who do you agree with, the woman or the dumb spaz-head of a shop keeper? I think my stance is clear!
Sun 11/05/03 at 12:31
Regular
"Party Hard"
They go from one extent to the other.

A shop near me sold Pulp Fiction to my friend a few days ago- who is 15.

Now, I might me mistaken but that just might have been against the law.
Sun 11/05/03 at 12:27
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I once wanted to buy a game when I was really young, which had an age certificate. I can't remember what it was, I think it was Quake, but anyway. The shop keeper tells her that it's a 15, and as soon as she does that, I turn away and pretend to be another completely different customer looking at the other games, and voila! And extra game to add to my collection!
Sun 11/05/03 at 10:46
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Edgy wrote:
> providing the
> buyer...wasn't buying it for some random kid who asked them
> to because they're underage

What's wrong with that?!

It's a perfect loophole.
Sun 11/05/03 at 10:41
Regular
Well for strters this guy was obviously a pimple faced little JOBSWORTH!!!! How did he know that her son was not 18 and he could have been disabled making him not able to get the game himself. It is not illegal for someone to buy the game for someone, until they are caught by the official authorities. which do not include spotty little oik geeks in a S"£T chain of computer stores anyway.
Sun 11/05/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Hmmm....."
*ring ring*
Sun 11/05/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> In fact, I'd
> have probably called her a crap mother and punched her in the face for
> refusing to raise her children properly.

If you'd told me that was staff policy when I started the job...
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:53
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Good for him, I'd have probably done the same thing. In fact, I'd have probably called her a crap mother and punched her in the face for refusing to raise her children properly.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
she was, you know it!
otherwise: jIbEriWish!
Sat 10/05/03 at 22:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Mr. Kyle, was her son with her?
Sat 10/05/03 at 22:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Clearly her son was with her.
Otherwise the ass!istant wouldn'y have known he wasn't over 18.
THINK ABOUT IT.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.