GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advice on best games required please."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/11/01 at 13:29
Regular
Greetings to all,

I have had the one major fixation racing in my mind for quite some time now. What’s that? You ask. Well…there are just so many incredibly anticipated titles for the PlayStation 2, coming out this month and the next. I need some advice on which ones are best to get. Actually, I have an idea on what’s best; I just need a clue on what to fork out £40 on first.

Here is a list of my wanted PlayStation 2 games:

1. Devil May Cry
2. Onimusha 2
3. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty
4. Tekken 4
5. Virtua Fighter 4
6. Soul Calibre 2
7. Final Fantasy X
8. Final Fantasy XI
9. Time Splitters 2
10. Kessen 2
11. Kessen 3
12. Klonoa 2
13. Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
14. Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex
15. Halo
16. Kinetica
17. WipeOut Fusion
18. Splash Down
19. SSX Tricky
20. The Getaway
21. Dead Or Alive 3
22. Maelstrom
23. Top Gun
24. Mobile Suit Gundam 0079
25. Silent Hill 2: SPECIAL EDITION
26. Resident Evil: GUN SURVIVOR 2
27. Dino Crises: GUN SURVIVOR
Vampire Night
Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey

Obviously, I can’t afford all of these games, though I wish I had them all. However, those are the ones I would like to own and I can only afford two of them at the moment. Now, most of them are coming out within the next couple of months or so. Which ones are best to decide upon is the hard part of it.

Below, are brief descriptions of each title stated above in ascending order:

1. Devil May Cry – You play the part of Dante, part human, and part demon. He has special powers and weapon attacks, using a combination of swords and guns. This is a great, anticipated title, developed by the makers of “Resident Evil” and “Onimusha: Warlords”. It definitely looks set to change the way we look at games, and may very well put ‘Metal Gear’ to shame. It looks amazing and plays like a dream – This is one title that I am considering to buy. It is definitely worth the money.

2. Onimusha 2 – The name says it all. If this title were going to be out within a month or so, I wouldn’t waste time in thinking about buying it or not. It made a great name for itself when it arrived on the PlayStation 2 in July, and I am sure that its sequel is going to be just as good, if not better than the original.

3. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty – A game that needs no introduction whatsoever. It was a remarkable title on the PSone, and could well be the best title to hit the PlayStation 2, I hope. It’s a brilliant stealth/action/ adventure that nobody can miss. I will have this game in my collection, whether I can afford to buy it or not; that’s how good it is. You’ve played the demo. If that was great, just imagine what the full version must be like. The story takes place on a ship, where you, as Solid Snake must infiltrate a horde of soldiers and find the secrets to the new ‘Metal Gear’. ‘Metal Gear Rex’ is the name given to the new unit. This machine now has the ability to fight and think in its own way. It can launch a nuclear warhead from anywhere in the world, creating total destruction. Metal Gear Solid has the deepest storyline ever. This game is simply a must have. I would love to buy this game right now, but unfortunately, it won’t reach the UK until early next year, although both, the Japanese and US versions of the game are already finished.

4. Tekken 4 – Another game that needs no introduction. This game always seems to find its way on top of any other beet ‘em up title out there. It has a variety of moves, special effects and great motion capture. It’s in the arcades as we speak, and yes…it is another ‘AAA’ title that I would definitely like to own. However, it won’t reach the shelves until mid 2002. That’s a shame; this is going to give games such as, “Virtua Fighter 4” and “Soul Calibre 2” a head start in the charts.

5. Virtua Fighter 4 – One of Sega’s blockbuster titles has finally made its way to Sony’s new console. The VF series has always been a favourite in the beet ‘em up genre and always seems to grow into something big whenever a new version is released. Like Tekken 4, it’s also in the Arcades, and the PS2 version looks to be very similar indeed. The best thing, is that it will reach the PlayStation 2 sooner than we think…Early February 2002 – Just in time for my birthday, which makes it an even better anticipated title for me. HAHA!

6. Soul Calibre 2 – Ah yes…another beet ‘em up title to add to your collection. Only difference…this one uses weapons, as well as fighting with our fists and legs. The game still includes the lighting effects of your weaponry when attack combos are performed; weapons leave a trail of light when in battle. Oh yeah, ‘Namco’, the company responsible for bringing us the ‘Tekken’ series, also developed it.

7. Final Fantasy X – A game that takes graphics, storytelling, special effects, environments, characters, you name it; all to a different level. It has made 9 PSone versions and is still growing into the largest game ever created. Speaking of the largest game ever made, almost every version consists of around 7 discs. You know what this means - Longer storytelling, detailed graphics, larger soundtrack, and definitely a large variety of extra features. “Final Fantasy X” is by far the best ‘RPG’ to grace the PlayStation 2. The thing that makes me proud of owning a PS2 is that the ‘Final Fantasy’ series is exclusive to Sony’s machine. The theme of this game is to select different counter moves from the in-game menu system. These attacks generate into something truly spectacular. Outstanding cut-scenes with dazzling special effects, audio, and background music, which makes Final Fantasy the game that is.

8. Final Fantasy XI - HAHA! Whatever I said regarding “Final Fantasy X” deserves to be placed here. Although, there is going to be a great change that will make “Final Fantasy XI” an even more anticipated title. It’s going to be one of the PlayStation 2’s first online games capable of using Sony’s PS2 add-on, the Hard Disk Drive. This will prevent loading times that are often carried out in games such as RPG’s. It will also allow players to compete against one another via the Internet.

9. Time Splitters 2 - Everyone gave a high rating for “Time Splitters” when it was released. It was also the best launch title for the PlayStation 2, and was classified as being the only game worth buying a PS2 for. I just know that the games sequel is going to be tremendous.

10. Kessen 2 – A game full of strategy, a game that needs brains flying in from all angles, a game that must be played quietly, thinking, planning, and a game that must be played all alone. Unless of course you prefer some competition that is – HAHA! The object of the game is to guide a legion of warriors into battle. Each character is motion captured. They fight on horses, using spears, swords, crossbows, and catapults, all in one huge and incredible medieval environment. Like the original that appeared during the PlayStation 2’s launch date, Kessen 2 has animated cut-scenes showing your planned attacks. These graphics are very-well motion captured with beautiful CG animation.

11. Kessen 3 - HAHA! The same for “Kessen 2” only better. The game will be introducing enhanced graphics, larger fields for battle, several new weapon attacks and animated sequences. This newer version will also include better cut-scenes, giving you a much deeper storyline.

12. Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil – A game that was almost decided no entry. It was rumoured that Klonoa 2 was not going to appear on the PS2. Why? I have no idea. All I can say is that this particular game was delayed so many times, that if I got a pound, no…50 pence for every time this has happened, I would be the richest person alive. “Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil” is a kids adventure, but one that adults can also enjoy. Due to being a teenager, I prefer games that are full of action and excitement from beginning to end, and one that lasts for repeated play. Klonoa 2 unfortunately, does not last very long and is not exactly an action-based adventure. Nevertheless, it still looks great, with wonderfully detailed settings and groundbreaking special effects. Sadly though, even for a kid’s game, the meanest of boss’s makes 'Bugs Bunny' look scary. Still, this is a lot of fun to play, but only while it lasts, and that’s not very long.

13. Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy – Now there’s a game worth buying. This is one of my most anticipated games of all. “Jak & Daxter” is a ‘3D Platformer’. It’s about a young lad named Jak, with his friend Daxter, riding on his shoulder. The object of the game is to transform Daxter back to his original form. For those of you that have seen Disney’s “The Lion King”, Daxter is just like 'Timone'. He is a comedy sidekick, whose job is to continuously come up with some wise cracks to lighten up the mood. There aren’t even any loading times in this game. What’s more, the whole game is situated in one giant level, dividing into different areas, and you can also roam anywhere you please. The game is very similar to "Crash Bandicoot". Besides, it was developed by the people behind the ‘Crash’ series anyway, and since I enjoy those games very much, I just know I will love this one.

14. Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex – A game that not one person is unfamiliar with. Crash Bandicoot is PSone’s coolest character. Will he be PlayStation 2’s? We’ll just have to wait and see. For the mean time, this new version of Crash Bandicoot looks extremely impressive. Looks like ‘Naughty Dog’, the game’s developers have a lot to offer us for the upcoming holidays, with their grand titles, “Jak & Daxter” and of course “Crash Bandicoot”.

15. Halo - It was over-hyped for a PlayStation 2 release, but I just hope it makes it through. This game may very well be the best game ever created and it’s only exclusive to XBOX.

16. Kinetica – Imagine ‘Tron’. ‘Extreme G3’ and ‘WipeOut Fusion’ all combined to make one incredible racer. Only one-thing makes “Kinetica” stand out from all the rest…it puts the player on the track with wheels on their hands and feet. This really makes the game very unique. Nothing like it has ever been seen.

17. WipeOut Fusion – One of the PlayStation 2’s most anticipated titles. Due for release this November. I am very tempted to buy this game. The tracks are twice the width, and the ships are far more manoeuvrable. There is a vast amount of weaponry on offer with even a storyline between the characters. The AI is vastly improved and the game also includes split transparent tracks with night lighting – TOTALLY AMAZING!

18. Splash Down – The coolest looking water-based game on the planet. It’s a Jet Ski (‘Sea Doo’) racer. Another great game that I almost went and got on Friday when it was released. I will get this one-day, but it’s just not the type of game you pay £40 for.

19. SSX Tricky – A game that pushes all other snowboarders straight down the hill. This game was one of the best launch titles for the PlayStation 2, and now, a year later it has a sequel. SSX Tricky is a great example of what sequels should be like. If the PS2 ever needed an advert, then SSX Tricky is it.

20. The Getaway – Like Lock Stock? Snatch? Well then…this is the game for you. If you are into the ‘Mafia’ industry, looking for a game that suits your needs then get this. It’s all about driving through the streets of London (the city). The environments are an exact replica of the London roads. This game is one great looking title, but the delays going on for this title is just unfair. Although, I am sure that the game’s developers, Studio Soho, would like to make their game perfect. And believe me…it looks a dream. If you enjoyed “Driver” and “Driver 2” on the PSone, then you will love “The Getaway”. It’s like "Driver", but with better graphics, and in London, instead of San Francisco.

21. Dead Or Alive 3 – Another over-hyped game that may also be an XBOX exclusive. It’s a shame this had to happen. They can make so much more money if they were to release it on the PlayStation 2.

22. Enter The Maelstrom - As written in my review, Maelstrom is a space extravaganza developed by Virgin Interactive. It takes the ‘first person shooter’ and the ‘simulation’ genres and puts them in giant space frenzy. This is the game that keeps me awake at night, thinking whether to buy it or not. It’s landing in our shores sometime during November.

23. Top Gun – Everyone wants to be like Tom Cruise in Top Gun. After all, he is my favourite actor and Top Gun is my favourite movie, but that is no reason for me to buy a game based on it. However, it does look great, the F14 Tomcat’s look cool and the graphics are farfetched.

24. Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 - Like Top Gun, I am a huge fan of Gundam Wing. Japanese anime and manga has always been a favourite of mine. The graphics look amazing and so do the cut-scenes. It came out a long time ago in Japan, but I doubt it will blast its way to us any sooner.

25. Silent Hill 2 – Special Edition DVD box set – A game that shows you the true meaning of horror. The streets of Silent Hill make 'Freddy Kruger' have nightmares. I thank everyone at Special Reserve, because they are the reason why I can now afford to buy two more games. I recently won a GAD prize for my "Burnout" review, and this was the prize that I chose. Thanks SR, if it weren’t for that winning; I would never have been able to get this game.

26. Resident Evil: Gun Survivor 2 – A game that is full of suspense, filled with zombies and giant spiders. Every 'Resi' game got a high rating, but the game’s first lightgun-based adventure didn’t. Well, I thought it was okay. Not the best of graphics and unfortunately, the storyline was not all the enthralling. Still, it kept the Resi theme in there and did manage to scare quite a bit. I have to admit, there were a few jumps here and there. Let’s hope that the newer version, on the PlayStation 2 will differ, but in a better way.

27. Dino Crisis: Gun Survivor – The idea is taken from the Resi outing, only this time in a Jurassic Park theme. It’s from the same developers of Resident Evil; so let’s keep our fingers crossed for this one too.

28. Vampire Night – Namco, who brought us the blockbuster titles, Time Crisis and Time Crisis 2, has now come up with the same theme, only in a 'vampire' setting. This looks really cool and I have seen the movie footage, which are incredible. I just hope it will shoot its way here shortly.

28. Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey – Oh no! Another over-hyped game, which was a very anticipated and well talked-about title for the PlayStation 2. News about this game was out ever since the PS2’s launch last November. As soon as the ‘XBOX’ was announced, the game’s developers, Oddworld Inhabitants, decided to quit the PlayStation 2 version and move onto Microsoft’s new machine.

By now, you may probably wonder why I need advice on which two titles are best out of the bunch, because I have spoken so much about them all. Well…it's not that easy, having to decide on which one to get, especially when you like them all. “Jak & Daxter” looks incredible, and so does “Devil May Cry”. These are the two games from the ones I have talked about that I feel are worth buying the most. I am sure that everyone who participates in the forums is very good at gaming, and that’s why I value their opinion on what to buy. These titles I mentioned, are very promising, and let’s not forget that most of them are coming out near enough the same time. That’s what makes the choice so grand. I would appreciate it, if anyone can advise me, before I end up spending the money. Like I said, it’s never easy to spend money when you don’t have it, but if I must get something, I would like to be 100% sure on what I am getting, and why. I know almost every title available and even the ones arriving soon for the PlayStation 2. The games I discussed are the ones I am looking forward to the most so far.

Thank you for your time and I hope you enjoyed reading my topic.

Son Of Liberty
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:29
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Greetings to all,

I have had the one major fixation racing in my mind for quite some time now. What’s that? You ask. Well…there are just so many incredibly anticipated titles for the PlayStation 2, coming out this month and the next. I need some advice on which ones are best to get. Actually, I have an idea on what’s best; I just need a clue on what to fork out £40 on first.

1. Devil May Cry
2. Onimusha 2
3. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty
4. Tekken 4
5. Virtua Fighter 4
6. Soul Calibre 2
7. Final Fantasy X
8. Final Fantasy XI
9. Time Splitters 2
10. Kessen 2
11. Kessen 3
12. Klonoa 2
13. Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
14. Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex
15. Halo
16. Kinetica
17. WipeOut Fusion
18. Splash Down
19. SSX Tricky
20. The Getaway
21. Dead Or Alive 3
22. Maelstrom
23. Top Gun
24. Mobile Suit Gundam 0079
25. Silent Hill 2: SPECIAL EDITION
26. Resident Evil: GUN SURVIVOR 2
27. Dino Crises: GUN SURVIVOR
Vampire Night
Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey

Obviously, I can’t afford all of these games, though I wish I had them all. However, those are the ones I would like to own and I can only afford two of them at the moment. Now, most of them are coming out within the next couple of months or so. Which ones are best to decide upon is the hard part of it.

Below, are brief descriptions of each title stated above in ascending order:

1. Devil May Cry – You play the part of Dante, part human, and part demon. He has special powers and weapon attacks, using a combination of swords and guns. This is a great, anticipated title, developed by the makers of “Resident Evil” and “Onimusha: Warlords”. It definitely looks set to change the way we look at games, and may very well put ‘Metal Gear’ to shame. It looks amazing and plays like a dream – This is one title that I am considering to buy. It is definitely worth the money.

2. Onimusha 2 – The name says it all. If this title were going to be out within a month or so, I wouldn’t waste time in thinking about buying it or not. It made a great name for itself when it arrived on the PlayStation 2 in July, and I am sure that its sequel is going to be just as good, if not better than the original.

3. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty – A game that needs no introduction whatsoever. It was a remarkable title on the PSone, and could well be the best title to hit the PlayStation 2, I hope. It’s a brilliant stealth/action/ adventure that nobody can miss. I will have this game in my collection, whether I can afford to buy it or not; that’s how good it is. You’ve played the demo. If that was great, just imagine what the full version must be like. The story takes place on a ship, where you, as Solid Snake must infiltrate a horde of soldiers and find the secrets to the new ‘Metal Gear’. ‘Metal Gear Rex’ is the name given to the new unit. This machine now has the ability to fight and think in its own way. It can launch a nuclear warhead from anywhere in the world, creating total destruction. Metal Gear Solid has the deepest storyline ever. This game is simply a must have. I would love to buy this game right now, but unfortunately, it won’t reach the UK until early next year, although both, the Japanese and US versions of the game are already finished.

4. Tekken 4 – Another game that needs no introduction. This game always seems to find its way on top of any other beet ‘em up title out there. It has a variety of moves, special effects and great motion capture. It’s in the arcades as we speak, and yes…it is another ‘AAA’ title that I would definitely like to own. However, it won’t reach the shelves until mid 2002. That’s a shame; this is going to give games such as, “Virtua Fighter 4” and “Soul Calibre 2” a head start in the charts.

5. Virtua Fighter 4 – One of Sega’s blockbuster titles has finally made its way to Sony’s new console. The VF series has always been a favourite in the beet ‘em up genre and always seems to grow into something big whenever a new version is released. Like Tekken 4, it’s also in the Arcades, and the PS2 version looks to be very similar indeed. The best thing, is that it will reach the PlayStation 2 sooner than we think…Early February 2002 – Just in time for my birthday, which makes it an even better anticipated title for me. HAHA!

6. Soul Calibre 2 – Ah yes…another beet ‘em up title to add to your collection. Only difference…this one uses weapons, as well as fighting with our fists and legs. The game still includes the lighting effects of your weaponry when attack combos are performed; weapons leave a trail of light when in battle. Oh yeah, ‘Namco’, the company responsible for bringing us the ‘Tekken’ series, also developed it.

7. Final Fantasy X – A game that takes graphics, storytelling, special effects, environments, characters, you name it; all to a different level. It has made 9 PSone versions and is still growing into the largest game ever created. Speaking of the largest game ever made, almost every version consists of around 7 discs. You know what this means - Longer storytelling, detailed graphics, larger soundtrack, and definitely a large variety of extra features. “Final Fantasy X” is by far the best ‘RPG’ to grace the PlayStation 2. The thing that makes me proud of owning a PS2 is that the ‘Final Fantasy’ series is exclusive to Sony’s machine. The theme of this game is to select different counter moves from the in-game menu system. These attacks generate into something truly spectacular. Outstanding cut-scenes with dazzling special effects, audio, and background music, which makes Final Fantasy the game that is.

8. Final Fantasy XI - HAHA! Whatever I said regarding “Final Fantasy X” deserves to be placed here. Although, there is going to be a great change that will make “Final Fantasy XI” an even more anticipated title. It’s going to be one of the PlayStation 2’s first online games capable of using Sony’s PS2 add-on, the Hard Disk Drive. This will prevent loading times that are often carried out in games such as RPG’s. It will also allow players to compete against one another via the Internet.

9. Time Splitters 2 - Everyone gave a high rating for “Time Splitters” when it was released. It was also the best launch title for the PlayStation 2, and was classified as being the only game worth buying a PS2 for. I just know that the games sequel is going to be tremendous.

10. Kessen 2 – A game full of strategy, a game that needs brains flying in from all angles, a game that must be played quietly, thinking, planning, and a game that must be played all alone. Unless of course you prefer some competition that is – HAHA! The object of the game is to guide a legion of warriors into battle. Each character is motion captured. They fight on horses, using spears, swords, crossbows, and catapults, all in one huge and incredible medieval environment. Like the original that appeared during the PlayStation 2’s launch date, Kessen 2 has animated cut-scenes showing your planned attacks. These graphics are very-well motion captured with beautiful CG animation.

11. Kessen 3 - HAHA! The same for “Kessen 2” only better. The game will be introducing enhanced graphics, larger fields for battle, several new weapon attacks and animated sequences. This newer version will also include better cut-scenes, giving you a much deeper storyline.

12. Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil – A game that was almost decided no entry. It was rumoured that Klonoa 2 was not going to appear on the PS2. Why? I have no idea. All I can say is that this particular game was delayed so many times, that if I got a pound, no…50 pence for every time this has happened, I would be the richest person alive. “Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil” is a kids adventure, but one that adults can also enjoy. Due to being a teenager, I prefer games that are full of action and excitement from beginning to end, and one that lasts for repeated play. Klonoa 2 unfortunately, does not last very long and is not exactly an action-based adventure. Nevertheless, it still looks great, with wonderfully detailed settings and groundbreaking special effects. Sadly though, even for a kid’s game, the meanest of boss’s makes 'Bugs Bunny' look scary. Still, this is a lot of fun to play, but only while it lasts, and that’s not very long.

13. Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy – Now there’s a game worth buying. This is one of my most anticipated games of all. “Jak & Daxter” is a ‘3D Platformer’. It’s about a young lad named Jak, with his friend Daxter, riding on his shoulder. The object of the game is to transform Daxter back to his original form. For those of you that have seen Disney’s “The Lion King”, Daxter is just like 'Timone'. He is a comedy sidekick, whose job is to continuously come up with some wise cracks to lighten up the mood. There aren’t even any loading times in this game. What’s more, the whole game is situated in one giant level, dividing into different areas, and you can also roam anywhere you please. The game is very similar to "Crash Bandicoot". Besides, it was developed by the people behind the ‘Crash’ series anyway, and since I enjoy those games very much, I just know I will love this one.

14. Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex – A game that not one person is unfamiliar with. Crash Bandicoot is PSone’s coolest character. Will he be PlayStation 2’s? We’ll just have to wait and see. For the mean time, this new version of Crash Bandicoot looks extremely impressive. Looks like ‘Naughty Dog’, the game’s developers have a lot to offer us for the upcoming holidays, with their grand titles, “Jak & Daxter” and of course “Crash Bandicoot”.

15. Halo - It was over-hyped for a PlayStation 2 release, but I just hope it makes it through. This game may very well be the best game ever created and it’s only exclusive to XBOX.

16. Kinetica – Imagine ‘Tron’. ‘Extreme G3’ and ‘WipeOut Fusion’ all combined to make one incredible racer. Only one-thing makes “Kinetica” stand out from all the rest…it puts the player on the track with wheels on their hands and feet. This really makes the game very unique. Nothing like it has ever been seen.

17. WipeOut Fusion – One of the PlayStation 2’s most anticipated titles. Due for release this November. I am very tempted to buy this game. The tracks are twice the width, and the ships are far more manoeuvrable. There is a vast amount of weaponry on offer with even a storyline between the characters. The AI is vastly improved and the game also includes split transparent tracks with night lighting – TOTALLY AMAZING!

18. Splash Down – The coolest looking water-based game on the planet. It’s a Jet Ski (‘Sea Doo’) racer. Another great game that I almost went and got on Friday when it was released. I will get this one-day, but it’s just not the type of game you pay £40 for.

19. SSX Tricky – A game that pushes all other snowboarders straight down the hill. This game was one of the best launch titles for the PlayStation 2, and now, a year later it has a sequel. SSX Tricky is a great example of what sequels should be like. If the PS2 ever needed an advert, then SSX Tricky is it.

20. The Getaway – Like Lock Stock? Snatch? Well then…this is the game for you. If you are into the ‘Mafia’ industry, looking for a game that suits your needs then get this. It’s all about driving through the streets of London (the city). The environments are an exact replica of the London roads. This game is one great looking title, but the delays going on for this title is just unfair. Although, I am sure that the game’s developers, Studio Soho, would like to make their game perfect. And believe me…it looks a dream. If you enjoyed “Driver” and “Driver 2” on the PSone, then you will love “The Getaway”. It’s like "Driver", but with better graphics, and in London, instead of San Francisco.

21. Dead Or Alive 3 – Another over-hyped game that may also be an XBOX exclusive. It’s a shame this had to happen. They can make so much more money if they were to release it on the PlayStation 2.

22. Enter The Maelstrom - As written in my review, Maelstrom is a space extravaganza developed by Virgin Interactive. It takes the ‘first person shooter’ and the ‘simulation’ genres and puts them in giant space frenzy. This is the game that keeps me awake at night, thinking whether to buy it or not. It’s landing in our shores sometime during November.

23. Top Gun – Everyone wants to be like Tom Cruise in Top Gun. After all, he is my favourite actor and Top Gun is my favourite movie, but that is no reason for me to buy a game based on it. However, it does look great, the F14 Tomcat’s look cool and the graphics are farfetched.

24. Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 - Like Top Gun, I am a huge fan of Gundam Wing. Japanese anime and manga has always been a favourite of mine. The graphics look amazing and so do the cut-scenes. It came out a long time ago in Japan, but I doubt it will blast its way to us any sooner.

25. Silent Hill 2 – Special Edition DVD box set – A game that shows you the true meaning of horror. The streets of Silent Hill make 'Freddy Kruger' have nightmares. I thank everyone at Special Reserve, because they are the reason why I can now afford to buy two more games. I recently won a GAD prize for my "Burnout" review, and this was the prize that I chose. Thanks SR, if it weren’t for that winning; I would never have been able to get this game.

26. Resident Evil: Gun Survivor 2 – A game that is full of suspense, filled with zombies and giant spiders. Every 'Resi' game got a high rating, but the game’s first lightgun-based adventure didn’t. Well, I thought it was okay. Not the best of graphics and unfortunately, the storyline was not all the enthralling. Still, it kept the Resi theme in there and did manage to scare quite a bit. I have to admit, there were a few jumps here and there. Let’s hope that the newer version, on the PlayStation 2 will differ, but in a better way.

27. Dino Crisis: Gun Survivor – The idea is taken from the Resi outing, only this time in a Jurassic Park theme. It’s from the same developers of Resident Evil; so let’s keep our fingers crossed for this one too.

28. Vampire Night – Namco, who brought us the blockbuster titles, Time Crisis and Time Crisis 2, has now come up with the same theme, only in a 'vampire' setting. This looks really cool and I have seen the movie footage, which are incredible. I just hope it will shoot its way here shortly.

28. Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey – Oh no! Another over-hyped game, which was a very anticipated and well talked-about title for the PlayStation 2. News about this game was out ever since the PS2’s launch last November. As soon as the ‘XBOX’ was announced, the game’s developers, Oddworld Inhabitants, decided to quit the PlayStation 2 version and move onto Microsoft’s new machine.

By now, you may probably wonder why I need advice on which two titles are best out of the bunch, because I have spoken so much about them all. Well…it's not that easy, having to decide on which one to get, especially when you like them all. “Jak & Daxter” looks incredible, and so does “Devil May Cry”. These are the two games from the ones I have talked about that I feel are worth buying the most. I am sure that everyone who participates in the forums is very good at gaming, and that’s why I value their opinion on what to buy. These titles I mentioned, are very promising, and let’s not forget that most of them are coming out near enough the same time. That’s what makes the choice so grand. I would appreciate it, if anyone can advise me, before I end up spending the money. Like I said, it’s never easy to spend money when you don’t have it, but if I must get something, I would like to be 100% sure on what I am getting, and why. I know almost every title available and even the ones arriving soon for the PlayStation 2. The games I discussed are the ones I am looking forward to the most so far.

Thank you for your time and I hope you enjoyed reading my topic.

Son Of Liberty
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:32
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Woops! I accidentally placed the number 28 for Oddworld as well, when it should be number 29. I guess I am hard of counting - HAHA!
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:35
And you really expect people to read all of that. LOL.

Anyway, the two that I would choose would be Smackdown 3 and Pro Evolution Soccer, but these don't seem to be on your list. So, in that case, I would go for Devil May Cry and Jak and Daxter.
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:40
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Out of those, I would want SSX Tricky and Getaway.
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:44
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
I don't blame you for mentioning that no-one would bother reading this topic Goten. You are right, it's too long. But I tought it would be a good idea to let poeple know what I thik of these games. I am glad that you agree with me for Devil May Cry and Jak and Daxter.

Thanks Goten
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:47
Devil May Cry looks like a brilliant game, and after playing the demo, I am sure that it will be a brilliant game. I have only seen rolling demos of Jak and Daxter and I am impressed. It looks like my sort of platformer.
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:47
Regular
"Back For Good"
Son Of Liberty wrote:

>1.Devil May Cry
Brilliant game spoiled by capcom's famous borders :-(

>2.Onimusha 2
Same as above no doubt

>3.Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty
Save some aside for this one :-)

>4.Tekken 4
One of my favourites, best fighter around

>5.Virtua Fighter 4
This has actually done slighty better than Tekken in the arcade

>6.Soul Calibre 2
Stick with Tekken

>7.Final Fantasy X
Not out till april

>8.Final Fantasy XI
Not out for ages

>9.Time Splitters 2
If you liked the original

>10.Kessen 2
Dunno much about kessen

>11.Kessen 3
/

>12.Klonoa 2
Don't see many games like this nowadays,recommended

>13.Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Gonna be good this,no loading times whatsoever

>14.Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex
next gen crash, not from naughty dog :-(

>15.Halo
you getting an xbox,not out for ages anyway

>16.Kinetica
never heard of it

>17.WipeOut Fusion
demo aint brilliant,game probably is though

>18.Splash Down
water effects are astonising,game appartly isn't :-(

>19.SSX Tricky
The one and only YES YES and YES

>20.The Getaway
Dunno much about this besides great graphics

>21.Dead Or Alive 3
so you are getting an xbox

>22.Maelstrom
\

>23.Top Gun
Ace Combat 4 looks better

>24.Mobile Suit Gundam 0079
\

>25.Silent Hill 2: SPECIAL EDITION
This is pure brilliance

>26.Resident Evil: GUN SURVIVOR 2
Looks great avtually, more of a first person shoote than a light gun game.

>27.Dino Crises: GUN SURVIVOR
not out for yonks

>Vampire Night
house of the dead? nope but it's the same people

>Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey
No because it fled the PS2 :-)

SSX tricky without a doubt :-)
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:49
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
The Getaway does look very impressive. I totally agree with you on those titles Slaveunit. But Devil May Cry and Jak and Daxter seem to be more worh it. Besides, The Getaway may be delayed again, allthough, SSX Tricky is also coming out this month. I might considor that instead.

Thanks for the feedback Slaveunit
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:49
Regular
Halo and Dead or alive 3 are x-box exclusives.
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:50
Regular
ooops, sorry. I just read your post and you have already said that! doh!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.