GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Arsenal boost their defence?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/11/01 at 12:46
Regular
The problem with Arsenal are their defence. Sol Campell and Ashley Cole are the only two players in the defence of Arsenal whom I know other than Silvinho which they sold to Celta Vigo if I am not wrong. Are Keown, Adams, Luzhny and Seaman still needed? They have one ot the best midfield in the league. Viera, van Bronckhorst, Pires, Ljunberg and wonderful strikers: Henry, wiltord. Kanu, Jeffers ang bergkamp. Maybe they should start looking for a younger and better defenders. Look at Dixon: he was outran by M.Owen in last season's FA cup final. If only they had a better defender.....
Mon 12/11/01 at 12:46
The problem with Arsenal are their defence. Sol Campell and Ashley Cole are the only two players in the defence of Arsenal whom I know other than Silvinho which they sold to Celta Vigo if I am not wrong. Are Keown, Adams, Luzhny and Seaman still needed? They have one ot the best midfield in the league. Viera, van Bronckhorst, Pires, Ljunberg and wonderful strikers: Henry, wiltord. Kanu, Jeffers ang bergkamp. Maybe they should start looking for a younger and better defenders. Look at Dixon: he was outran by M.Owen in last season's FA cup final. If only they had a better defender.....
Mon 12/11/01 at 14:38
"High polygon count"
I am still highly dubious about Campbell - from what he's shown so far, he is not good enough.

We should never have sold Silvinho. Cole is great, but we need top-quality cover too.

I don't know if we'll see Adams again - or even if we should, given his recent injuries and lack of pace. Keown should be playing simply because he is good enough - but his main problem at the moment is that he's unfamiliar with those around him; with Adams, Dixon and Winterburn, there was kind of a 6th sense between them, and it showed in their constant solid defending. Keown can certainly teach Campbell, Cole and Lauren a thing or two (though Cole and Lauren have proven they're up to the job, in my opinion).

We do most definitely need to get new, top-class defenders in though, as cover for all the defensive postitions, though. Luzhny and Stepanovs are a pair of clowns, however, and should not only be shown the door, but kicked through it with a size 12 Doc Marten - a job for which I would personally volunteer.
Mon 12/11/01 at 14:41
"High polygon count"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I don't know if we'll see Adams again - or even
> if we should, given his recent injuries and lack of pace.

That is, of course, no disrespect to Adams who has been fantastic. But with his flurry of injuries, I think it would be best for himself first, and the club second, if he gave up playing and became our defence coach, much like Bob Wilson coaches the keepers.
Tue 13/11/01 at 10:09
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
I was sorry to see Silvinio go and I'm really not sure that Cole is ready for the big stage yet. Defensively flawed, rash, impetuous, he leaves us exposed too many times. Also, while he can looked good going forward, he has looked less impressive recently and doesn't show the finesse of touch and understanding with midfiedlers like Pires that made Silvinio so great.

Basically, our defence is screwed though that young Greek lad, Tavlaridis, looked a calm and competent centre half in the Worthless Cup game with ManU. Hope for the future maybe, better than the lumbering Campbell anyway.
Tue 13/11/01 at 12:49
Regular
"I love Dave music"
I think that Stepanovs should be given another game....preferably next time you go to Old Trafford, te he he!!
Wed 14/11/01 at 22:47
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Hole in midfield, we buy some more midfielders.
Hole in the strikeforce, we buy some more strikers.
We fill one gap and another one opens
Now if the strikers can convert more of their cahnces into goals it will give the team a little more breathing space to get on with things
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:03
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Arsenal should stick with the defence they have now. Adams or Keown with Campbell. With Cole on the left and Lauren on the right. Just for this season anyway.

When the end of season comes offer Keown, Adams, Dixon and Seaman coaching roles.

Bring Wright in as Number 1 Keeper and Taylor (Current u21 sub keeper) as his deputy.

Defence - Campbell and Cole stay in line up.
- Bring in Gareth Barry to partner Campbell in
centre of defence.
- Brett Emerton the Aussie could be bought in as a
right wing back and this will improve the
attacking part of team with Cole and Emerton
running up the flanks.
Sun 18/11/01 at 16:24
Regular
Sol played well last night...... :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.