GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New earth?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/04/07 at 13:23
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
MSN

......Jesus.
Sun 29/04/07 at 17:23
Regular
"Author of Pain"
"The star is more ancient than the Sun, raising the tantalising possibility that life on the new planet may be older and more advanced than it is on Earth."

If this were the case, it would not be us discovering them.
Sun 29/04/07 at 17:00
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I just chatted with my brother about it.

"Sure what are we going to do? I doubt we'll see some chap walking by."

"Yeah, two lads fishing or something."
Sun 29/04/07 at 16:11
Regular
I bet they're looking at us and thinking the exact same things.
Sun 29/04/07 at 14:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I think the BBC article said something about the 'Goldilocks zone' or something, basically a region around each star where it's the right temperature to find liquid water on a planet, which is a necessary ingredient for life (or life 'as we know it'). Also, the planet is about 1.5x the size of Earth, so gravitationally it'll be comprable to Earth.

But yer, we'll never know. We don't even know if that star/solar system is still there (it's 20 light years away, so the stuff we're seeing now is 20yrs old... Although in terms of the galaxy that's a pretty short timescale, so I doubt anything drastic has occurred since).
Sun 29/04/07 at 14:29
Regular
"lets go back"
It would be quite exciting if aliens did come to our planet. I can follow the logic that this planet is the same distance from a star as our planet, but there are hundreds of other factors to look at so Im doubtful myself.
Sun 29/04/07 at 13:44
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Read about the discovery on BBC a few days back.

The Bookies slashing the odds is pretty pointless really. The new planet is far too far away for us to do any research on it within our lifetime, so even if there is life there we won't know about it for a ridiculously long time.

Unless life from there comes looking for us...

*cue X-Files music*
Sun 29/04/07 at 13:23
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
MSN

......Jesus.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.