GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football on TV"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/11/01 at 12:55
Regular
Why are all these footballers being so greedy over this strike action? They already earn up to £100,000 a week in Campbells case and they still think that they need more. Do they ever think about those people who aren't proffesional sports people and who work hard for the money they earn, even if it is not a great deal.

These footballers now are demanding more money from the game they play after over 99% of 3,012 footballers voted that they will take strike action over televised TV games so they can get a better deal from the TV companies. Th FA are demanding an extra £25m from TV revenues because they don't believe that the clubs are getting a fair deal.

This type of action could change the face of English football forever and could blow our World Cup chances next year. These people are spoiling it for the fans and are being just plain selfish and greedy. I think that football has got hold of them too tightly and they are starting to lose the plot.

The FA say that the extra cash is for those players who don't get these big sum wages and could get much more out of this deal. But why did the FA let all the big name stars vote instead of these players who are not earning thousands of pounds each week? I have not heard of one player yet who is not a big name in English football put across their views on this subject. David Beckham has put across his points as well as Danny Murphy, Steven Gerrard and David Seaman. So where are all these division 3 players and confernce players who also get on TV? They don't seem to have had a say in it.

The fans of football will miss the Sunday afternoon football and Monday nights where that can go to the pub and hve a couple of beers with their mates. It will completly change the lifestyle of some of these fans and will make them think twice about the FA. It is definatly not a popular decision from where I am from and I am sure it is the same from where you live. We pay good money to watch football on TV and we will be wasting it because there will be no football. We are even paying additional money this season for Premiership Plus and Box Office games. There has been nothing said about what will happen with the money we are paying for these services.

Football fans from around the world will be looking at this decision and will be thinking about what a stupid thing it is. People will now look at English football differently and see it from a different perspective. The FA should wake up and realise the mistake they are making because it could all be too late. It is making a ridicule out of the beautiful game and will change the way people look at it forever.
Tue 20/11/01 at 20:42
Regular
I understand where you are coming from, I reacted quite the same when I heard the news. But it is for the little people in football and if they voted who would listen?
At the end of the day the t.v companies are robbing everybody and earn more than any footballer could imagine, why not give it to the people that play the game, because thats why we watch it.

If this helps create more English talent then hooray, I think it will by giving lower leagues a bases they can build on.
Sat 10/11/01 at 13:26
I think you find that they want more money to go to the PFA, so more players can be compensated if they get a career ending injury, in a division
pillock!
Sat 10/11/01 at 12:55
Why are all these footballers being so greedy over this strike action? They already earn up to £100,000 a week in Campbells case and they still think that they need more. Do they ever think about those people who aren't proffesional sports people and who work hard for the money they earn, even if it is not a great deal.

These footballers now are demanding more money from the game they play after over 99% of 3,012 footballers voted that they will take strike action over televised TV games so they can get a better deal from the TV companies. Th FA are demanding an extra £25m from TV revenues because they don't believe that the clubs are getting a fair deal.

This type of action could change the face of English football forever and could blow our World Cup chances next year. These people are spoiling it for the fans and are being just plain selfish and greedy. I think that football has got hold of them too tightly and they are starting to lose the plot.

The FA say that the extra cash is for those players who don't get these big sum wages and could get much more out of this deal. But why did the FA let all the big name stars vote instead of these players who are not earning thousands of pounds each week? I have not heard of one player yet who is not a big name in English football put across their views on this subject. David Beckham has put across his points as well as Danny Murphy, Steven Gerrard and David Seaman. So where are all these division 3 players and confernce players who also get on TV? They don't seem to have had a say in it.

The fans of football will miss the Sunday afternoon football and Monday nights where that can go to the pub and hve a couple of beers with their mates. It will completly change the lifestyle of some of these fans and will make them think twice about the FA. It is definatly not a popular decision from where I am from and I am sure it is the same from where you live. We pay good money to watch football on TV and we will be wasting it because there will be no football. We are even paying additional money this season for Premiership Plus and Box Office games. There has been nothing said about what will happen with the money we are paying for these services.

Football fans from around the world will be looking at this decision and will be thinking about what a stupid thing it is. People will now look at English football differently and see it from a different perspective. The FA should wake up and realise the mistake they are making because it could all be too late. It is making a ridicule out of the beautiful game and will change the way people look at it forever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.