GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SOCOM and GO-NET - ready to go online?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOCOM: US Navy Seals'.
Tue 13/05/03 at 14:47
Regular
Hi everyone

Can anyone please help me out - I have been searching everywhere for this info and can't find it.

I am connected to HomeChoice ADSL Broadband, where our modem is downstairs in the living room. My PC is upstairs and so I have an external cable going from outside to my computer through a USB dongle.

Only concern is the GO-NET adaptor I just ordered from Special Reserve. I am hoping to use it for SOCOM Navy Seals on the PS2, and I have heard that I can connect my PS2 to the PC, which is connected to the modem downstairs. However, I would prefer to switch on just my PS2, without having to use my PC as a middle man.

Thing that bugs me is that in order to get the PC to find my modem, an installaion disc supplied with it was included, which was obviously vital to have my PC go online using that modem. So how does the GO-NET make my PS2 pick up the modem when the installation CD for the modem cannot be read on my PS2.

PLEASE NOTE - My connection to the modem is USB, so I was wondering if it's possible to setup the GO-NET software and simply attach my USB modem cable to the PS2 modem socket.

Thanks for your help.
Tue 13/05/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
- - - CORRECTION - - -

Last sentance was not meant to say "ps2 modem socket"

but "ps2 USB socket"

LOL - That's what happens when saying "modem" so many times in a topic :)

Thanks
Tue 13/05/03 at 14:47
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
Hi everyone

Can anyone please help me out - I have been searching everywhere for this info and can't find it.

I am connected to HomeChoice ADSL Broadband, where our modem is downstairs in the living room. My PC is upstairs and so I have an external cable going from outside to my computer through a USB dongle.

Only concern is the GO-NET adaptor I just ordered from Special Reserve. I am hoping to use it for SOCOM Navy Seals on the PS2, and I have heard that I can connect my PS2 to the PC, which is connected to the modem downstairs. However, I would prefer to switch on just my PS2, without having to use my PC as a middle man.

Thing that bugs me is that in order to get the PC to find my modem, an installaion disc supplied with it was included, which was obviously vital to have my PC go online using that modem. So how does the GO-NET make my PS2 pick up the modem when the installation CD for the modem cannot be read on my PS2.

PLEASE NOTE - My connection to the modem is USB, so I was wondering if it's possible to setup the GO-NET software and simply attach my USB modem cable to the PS2 modem socket.

Thanks for your help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.