GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't mean to be sinical, but..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/08/00 at 18:47
Regular
Isn't it Ironic that a few of britains best known publishers have ceesed dreamcast development on favour of the PS2 - they may have been bullied into it but who cares? The fact is that Sony hate us - I mean they hate the UK in general - they don't want to give us their machine and will concentrate heavily on American and Japanese markets much more so, although they will give the UK an initial 50,000 consoles - perhaps.
Don't be fooled by the marketing campaigns - get a Dreamcast if you want top quaility titles - Sega KNOW how to make them - Virtua Tennis will be Huge as will MSR. I don't want to start a flame war - but £299.99!!!! you could get a DC and an N64 and have at least 5 brilliant games for that!!
Tue 15/08/00 at 20:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
Oh come off it, we aren't last on Sony's list, why would we be???????? Ok, so maybe Japan is top on their list, but they are based there. And maybe the US get it better than us, but they are gonna get more money in the US. But come on, some countries probably don't even get Playstations, and the UK seems to get all the PSX games not much later than the US. Oh yeah, and Gran Turismo and Tomb Raider don't excite you, well maybe. Gran Turismo and Tomb Raider are getting repetitive. But are you saying Sega Bass Fishing excites you?? And Metal Gear Solid 2, you have to admit, come on, be fair here, will be one of or probably the best ever game, for a while anyway. I've never had any complaints about Sony's service, the only thing I do have to complain about is why the US get the PS2 cheaper than us. BUT, if you wait for a year the price is meant to drop down to £100, unlike the Dreamcast, which is £150 after a year or so. I can't be bothered to wait 2 years for the X-Box either.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Tue 15/08/00 at 19:38
hey too true......
we owe sony nothing, we've always been last on their list..... eat into all other markets before getting around to us and when they finally get here its make them pay more games as well as consoles because they know the world's full of people willing to pay (aka..suckers)....
i know by the time ps2 comes here sony will already be developing there next console why? because of Bill Gates, no dout in my mind the X-Box will overcast all consoles like megadrive vs playstation as for DVD's and internet access, well hey who hasnt got a computer without a modem or dvd (you cant buy one without these days).....sony will have to tempt me more to pay 300notes for something more than a revamped title. tomb raider,taken,grand turismo,ridge racer,FFX, all these games wouldnt entice me to cough out 350 notes.....sorry come on bill give us another taster..
Tue 15/08/00 at 18:47
Isn't it Ironic that a few of britains best known publishers have ceesed dreamcast development on favour of the PS2 - they may have been bullied into it but who cares? The fact is that Sony hate us - I mean they hate the UK in general - they don't want to give us their machine and will concentrate heavily on American and Japanese markets much more so, although they will give the UK an initial 50,000 consoles - perhaps.
Don't be fooled by the marketing campaigns - get a Dreamcast if you want top quaility titles - Sega KNOW how to make them - Virtua Tennis will be Huge as will MSR. I don't want to start a flame war - but £299.99!!!! you could get a DC and an N64 and have at least 5 brilliant games for that!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.